Consequences by Camila Cabello

I put on the dress and step out into our room. Jayde looks at the dress up and down before shaking his head.

"You're showing way too much, no way. Go change," I take a deep breath before stepping back into the closet and closing the door. I look through my dresses once again and pull out a totally different dress from the one I have on. 

This should be fine then, right?

I quickly put it on and open the closet door.

"Good enough, let's go," He tells me and grabs our jackets before walking out the door.

I walk after him while slipping my shoes on and grab my jacket from him. We walk over to his car and he opens the passenger door for me. I thank him and sit down on the cold leather seat. He closes the door and gets in the drivers seat. 

"We're going to have lots of fun, I promise," He grabs my hand and holds it for the rest of the ride while humming a song coming from his radio.

When we go to clubs like this it usually goes one of two ways. I end up drunk and don't remember anything, or I go home on my own with Jayde nowhere to be found. I'd rather not remember anything.

When we pull into the club parking lot we can already hear the music blasting. I grab my wallet and get out of the car, Jayde does the same. We get in without a problem and go straight to the bar.

Jayde orders for the both of us and I drink whatever was in the glass. My nose scrunches up on its own accord and I shake my head at the horrible taste.

What the fuck was that?

I don't say anything though, I just order a drink of my choosing.

"Don't put that on my card," Jayde yells over the music.

"Okay," I yell back to him and get out my card.

I pay the bartender when he hands me the new drink and I automatically start chugging it.

"Oh, God," I mutter to myself when I finish the drink. Before I can stop the world from spinning Jayde grabs my hand and pulls me to the dance floor. 

I can already feel my body start to sweat as we jump and dance in this sea of people. His hands are placed on my waist and his body is so close to mine. It feels like time slows as the flashing lights shine in his eyes and he smiles down at me. 

It's starting to get crowded though and our little moment fades away like it never happened. I hold up my hand to him, telling him to wait as I get another drink. 

I down the drink and scrunch up my nose at how strong it is. It burns the back of my throat, but I go back to the dance floor to find Jayde.

It feels like he just disappeared. I'm standing in the middle of the dance floor looking all around me and I know I'm alone. I look over at the booths and my heart drops. 

Jayde is sitting in one of the booths with a girl on his lap. 

Just like before it seems like time slows, but my mood has shifted drastically. Tears start filling my eyes as they laugh and talk. I can't hear their words but their mouths move enthusiastically, enjoying the conversation without even noticing me. 

I take a deep breath as I'm now fully aware of everyone around me. I'm the only one not dancing so I turn around and go outside. The cold air hits my bare legs, but I can barely feel it. All I feel is tears sliding down my cheeks and my heart about to beat out of my chest.

The fresh air feels freeing and I start walking through the parking lot then to the sidewalk. I hail a cab and when I get inside the driver looks at me with concern. I ignore it and tell him where to go. 

The ride is short and when I get inside our apartment I lay down on our bed. Tears slide down my face and land on the cold sheets.

I can't stay here.

I walk to the closet and get out my suitcase. When I zip it open I start stuffing whatever I can into the big bag. I fit as many clothing pieces as I can, then I head to the bathroom. Our toothbrushes lay right next to each other and I smile at how simple things used to be. 

I thought once I have a toothbrush over at his place it's serious. I guess it wasn't as important to him as it was to me.

I grab the toothbrush and toothpaste and shove it in my bag along with other things I'd need for the night. When I zip up the bag I realize how mad Jayde would be if he was here.

But he's not.

If he were here that means he would care about our relationship. He would be saying "hey where did she go", instead of forgetting about me and going off with someone else.

The walk to my car is a painful one. Not because of the heels on my feet but because of how much my heart hurts. I feel like someone stabbed my chest.

I throw the suitcase in the back of my car and head to the hotel I always walk past in the mornings. My face is dried of tears and at this point I just feel empty and numb. The hotel comes into view and I feel a sense of relief wash over me, yet I'm not sure why.

"I'd like to book a room, please," I tell the employee at the counter once I walk in with my bag.

"Uhm, how long?" She types something into her computer and glances up at me a couple of times.

"A week," I look around and only see a couple people in the lobby. The woman takes her time to find me a room while I look around at the interior.

"Your room will be on the forth floor, room 441," She directs and hands me the room key. I nod and start walking to the elevator until she says something else to me.

"Enjoy your stay! I hope you feel better," I turn around and give her a soft smile.

"Thank you," I thank her and my voice echoes into the lobby. I take a deep breath and get into the elevator. The elevator button glows when I push it and it starts to move up.

My room is pitch black when I open the door and I quickly turn on all the lights. I lock the door and put my bag on the floor next to my bed.

When I finally get into my pajamas I lay down in the middle of the bed. It feels empty without him but a part of me feels relaxed. Deep down maybe I always knew this was going to happen and I've just been waiting for this day to come. I just didn't know it was going to feel like this, relief.

A/N:

If someone is toxic to your health, don't stick around. There might be good things about that person, but if they are showing you red flags you don't have to put up with that. You deserve to be treated like a priority. Never stay just to have to handle the awful consequences in the end.