14-Sharing Secrets

Start from the beginning

"Hey! You can never be too prepared! I plan on getting an O in every subject, thank you very much" I laughed along with him, ignoring how obviously red my cheeks probably were. "So... where are we going anyway?"

"I figured we could take a trip to the kitchens? You clearly need a break. Have you even eaten yet today?" He questioned me.

"I had some fruit at breakfast!" I defended myself. "Besides, dinner is only a few hours away!"

"That still means you skipped lunch to study! C'mon, I'm getting you a snack" He persisted, hooking his arm with mine and practically dragging me to the kitchens. "You know, the best part about being a Hufflepuff is living right near the kitchens. Really comes in handy for midnight snacks" He wiggled his eyebrows at me. I smiled, but then began to wonder if he was insinuating something else and of course I began to panic.

We finally came across the fruit portrait and he tickled the pear to get in. The portrait swung open and in that time I was able to get my heartbeat under control. He helped me through the portrait and we were greeted by all the house elves preparing the kitchens for dinner. Noorey, one of the house-elves who I am more familiar with, came over to greet us.

"Hello Miss Cullen, Mr. Falcov. What can we do for you?" He asked politely. I smiled down at him and Kace answered.

"Hey Noorey, could you get us one corned beef sandwich please?" He asked and Noorey smiled widely, nodding, happy to be of service.

"Of course! One moment!" He exclaimed, running off to get the food. Kace and I sat at the end of the nearest table.

"How do you know what I would like to eat?" I questioned.

"We had lunch together once and you mentioned how much you loved the corned beef sandwich they served that day. So, I figured you would be happy with it again" He smiled and butterflies were instantly released into my stomach again.

"Wow.. thanks..." I sighed, speechless.

"So, how was your holiday? I feel like we've barely spoken since we got back" He raised his eyebrows.

"Oh, uh... you know, boring. Same every year" I shrugged, horrible at making conversation. "How about you?"

"Entertaining would be a good word to describe it" He chuckled. "The whole family came over and Marlene and I caused a lot of trouble. I had some fun morphing into different relatives and imitating them. None of the adults thought it was funny of course but the rest of us got a kick out of it. Being the only metamorphmagus in the family has its perks" He nodded.

"Wow, invite me next year. My house is dreadful during the holidays" I rolled my eyes just as Noorey brought me my sandwich. "Thank you Noorey!"

"Anything for Miss Cullen!" He exclaimed before going back to work with the other elves.

"You heard about Alice and Frank right?" Kace asked once he was gone.

"Yea, and it's about time! Alice wrote all of us an owl the day after they got together" I sighed, feeling somewhat jealous. I've never experienced that before.

"Wow, people are just getting together left and right. Next, it's gonna be you" He wiggled his eyebrows again and I felt tense up, the nerves taking over.

"Me? No..." I shrugged.

"Oh, c'mon. There aren't any... special guys?" He asked jokingly. I felt like I was going to be sick.

"Nope! Wow, this sandwich really is good!" I laughed nervously before taking another large bite.

"I'm just joking around Estella" He chuckled awkwardly, noticing my embarrassment.