Chapter 6

After a long tiring flight we land in New York. Me and my son had fallen asleep throughout the whole journey. Gabriel was working the whole time . I swear that man never sleeps.

As Carter was sleeping I had to carry him down the stairs. And since he no more was a kid it was difficult because he was pretty heavy. I took him into my arms.

" Let me hold him " he said.

"No I am not gonna let you touch my son." I replied.

"You will fall down. You will get hurt and so will he. Just let me carry him" Gabe tried to reason.

I was skeptical about handing my son to him. " Hey I would never let any harm come to him. He is my son too." I gave in and handed Carter over to him.

We made our way down. There were 5 cars waiting on us. We got into a Black SUV , well all the cars were black. 

" My dad can't wait to see you again. He has had the cook make all your favourites." Gabe informed me .

Before our relationship went south Gabe's dad Lorenzo and I had a very good relationship. He was like a father to me. He always used to take my side when I used to get into fights with Gabe. He always thought of me as the daughter he never had. When I ran away from New York he was one of the people I missed terribly. I had many times wanted to pick up my phone and talk to him. But I knew that if I were to contact him, he would tell Gabe and I had Carter to think about. 

" Does he know about Carter?" I questioned.

"No I haven't told him yet." He replied looking out the window.

I was kind of worried he would be mad at him that I hid his grandchild from him. Lorenzo always used to talk about me and Gabe having kids and I dint want him to be upset with me.

Gabe saw me fretting. " Hey, everything is going to be okay." he said . I just nodded. He seemed so caring as if the guy I fell in love with was still there.

Soon we were at the Moretti family mansion. I remember coming her for Christmas and thanksgiving. We had such good memories in this place. 

By now my son was awake. " Mommy ? Where are we ?" my son asked looking confused." We are at Mr. Moretti's house." I replied.

" Are we gonna get down or just sit here talking all day?" he asked rudely. The caring man was no longer to be seen. He became his stone cold self again. We all got off the car and made our way inside.

" Sky. You here ?" this was definitely Lorenzo's voice. He came in and he had aged quiet a bit. I was so happy to see him. I went to him and gave him a hug. I couldn't hold my tears in any more.

"I missed you" I wispered in his year. " I missed you too neonata." he replied. 

We broke away from our hug. His eyes then fell up on Carter. He looked stunned. He examined him for a whole minute.

" Is he .." I dint let him complete his sentence. 

" Yeah he is. He dosent know yet" I told him. He just nodded his head and went to my son.

" Hey there big guy. My name is Lorenzo. " he said while offering his hand for Carter to shake it. " Really ? Thats my middle " my son replied .

Lorenzo then looked up to me with tears in his eyes.