sᴜɢᴀʀ, sᴘɪᴄᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɴɪᴄᴇ (𝟸/𝟺)

"Mickey! Mickey!" she tries to gain the attention of the small doggo with a ball in hand. "Here! Get the ball!"

Minji throws the ball across the backyard of Hoseok's house, the doggo turning around to chase it right away.

Hoseok giggled at her and Mickey, "She's so cute."

"She's a brat," Yoongi shakes his head. "These days she's been giving me more attitude."

After the small, little accident with the sprinklers, Hoseok and Yoongi started talking more whenever they'd see each other outside of their house.

At first, it was just small interactions. Whenever Hoseok would leave to the grocery store or something, he'd see Yoongi and wave. When Minji was out there too, she'd wave at him too. And when Hoseok brought Mickey out on a walk, both Minji and Yoongi got attached to the cutest dog they've ever seen. Sometimes, Hoseok would even walk up to Yoongi to start a conversation.

That really made his day.

So after a while, Yoongi started opening up to him more. Then they'd hang out more and more often. Hoseok even meeting Yoongi's friends once.

They loved him.

So now here they were in Hoseok's backyard. The two men sitting on the patio, drinking wine while watching Minji play with Mickey.

"How old is she?" Hoseok asks him.

"4."

"So she'll be in kindergarten soon."

"I know right," Yoongi sighs. "I'm a little worried though."

Hoseok looks at him, waiting for him to continue.

"It's a new environment," Yoongi explains, looking down at his hand holding the glass. Swirling around the liquid inside. "And I've never left Minji alone for that long, never with someone I don't know. Plus, you don't know how kids act nowadays. I don't want them to-"

"Hey," Hoseok says in a gentle voice. "She'll be okay, don't worry. You raised her well."

Those words opened up Yoongi's heart in a way he had never thought they could. Especially after his heartbreak, he thought he'd never open up his heart for anyone else. Those words were like a key to his heart.

A key that had invited Hoseok inside.

"You really believe that?" Yoongi asks in a hushed tone that Hoseok could barely hear, but he did.

"I do," he blushes a bit. "I respect you a lot."

When Yoongi gives Hoseok a small smile, he can tell how much those words meant to him. Hoseok knows that Yoongi is still a bit closed off with him about his personal life, and he still doesn't know much about him. But that doesn't stop him from being interested in the male.

As for Yoongi, he's always been careful with the people he let's into his and Minji's life. He knows when she gets older, she'll meet new people. Good and bad. That scares him, but there's nothing he can do about it other than just surrounding her with positive influences and teaching her about the good and bad.

He didn't know how much time he's been spending with Hoseok until he realized that they're both in his back yard sipping on some fine wine. And Yoongi doesn't mind that, because Hoseok's a good guy.

"You have no idea how much that means to me," Yoongi sighs. "I'm always wondering whether or not if I'm doing this whole parenting thing right."

"Well I think you're doing just fine. I mean, look at her," Hoseok gestures to Minji who is running around the yard with Mickey. "She's a ball of sunshine."