She snapped her head at me and paused. "Yeah, you're right, it's true," she shrugged. "Okay, I have no clue. Wanna just kill it?"

"That's what I said before," I hummed, clasping my fingers around the hilt of my sword as Penelope brandished her spear.

We broke off into a run towards the beast. I slid on my knees, slashing at its forelegs creating dark gashes of red. It flapped its wings, flattening me to the ground as its oddly sharp feathers slapped my face. I winced as I grazed my hand against my bloodied cheek. Penelope strikes its paws before it takes flight. She grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet.

"Thanks," I muttered, glancing upwards. "It's trying to get away."

"We need to go for the wings," Penelope said, a plan forming in her mind. "I go left, you go right?"

"Yeah," I nodded, slinging my arm backwards and aiming to its great grey wing. "One...two..." And I launched my sword through the biting air. I watched as it whipped and embedded itself into its wing.

The Sphinx hurtled through the air, crashing into a tree as it went. It wrapped its wounded wings around itself as it rolled onto the floor. Penelope and I rushed over to it and before it could recover from its fall, I yanked out my sword and sliced though the vast wing, detaching it from its body, stopping it from taking flight.

"Do you wanna do the honours?" I asked Penelope, kicking aside its cut off wing while she pulled out her spear.

"It would be my honour," she smirk, plunging her weapon deep into the Sphinx's breast rendering it motionless.

We both stood there for a while, faces scrunched up and staring but not saying a thing.

"Right, the wings won't disintegrate. Who's taking them?"

"Not me."

"Why not?"

"I called it first."

"You're such a pain."

I rubbed my towel through my dark tresses as I left my bathroom after vigorously washing it through to get rid of all stray feathers that had threaded its way into my hair after I carried the wings back to Olympus. I fell back onto my plush, velvet covers and tossed the damp towel into the wicker laundry basket. With a deep sigh, I pressed my back into the mattress and snuggled into the comforter. I rubbed my eyes, exhaustion rolling over me.

There had been multiple monster attacks this week, the rising rate not having settled since Tartarus' rise and even picking up. Penelope and I have become a sort of team, Athena calling for us to defeat the creatures more often than not. I wasn't complaining through, it was a good way to keep my mind off my fear for Thor. It had been a year and I had still not heard anything from him.

I reached out to grab my phone, its bright light blinding me momentarily as I blinked away its glow that imprinted on the back of my eyelids. Once it faded, I noticed the email tagged as important along with the multiple texts from Steve, Nat, Tony and Wanda. My eyebrows furrowed as I scanned though the latest notifications, being from Nat, the topic being completely different to our last conversation. I had been keeping in touch with them all but still hadn't seen them since I left New York with Thor. I clicked open the email, the title reading: Sokovia Accords. I skimmed the email with my exhausted eyes, picking up how we must take accountability for our actions and how I should meet them in Vienna to sign them. The words swam through my mind, none of them sinking in so I tossed my phone aside and decided to figure it out in the morning.

Pulling the covers over my lower body, I breathed deeply into my pillow. My eyes were so heavy that they fluttered shut almost instantly, pulling me into a heavy slumber. I would have relished a good night's rest after my aching muscles were almost screaming for it, only it wasn't dreamless or peaceful.

Golden eyes pieced through my sleep. The celestial eyes of the all-seeing Asgardian gatekeeper.

Heimdall.

"Thor is in trouble, Selene. He needs your help." He whispered hurriedly at me, as if what he was committing a crime, as if somebody will catch him and sentence him to execution. "He is in Sakaar, taken prisoner by their leader. Help him get back to Asgard, we are in danger. Please. We need our King."

The vision, dream, nightmare, flashed as I saw Thor's weary face lean against a metal wall. He looked defeated, utterly broken inside. I tried calling out his name, wanting to embrace him and tell him that I was coming for him only I couldn't. I was confined to only what Heimdall was showing me. His eyes had lost his electricity and the bright blue had dulled.

"Hurry, Selene."

I gasped awake, my body shooting upwards into a sitting position. I spluttered for air to fill my deprived lungs as I clutched at my velvet sheet as tightly as possible with my sweat ridden palms to try and lower my rapidly pacing heart.

Thor was in trouble.

The Accords could wait.

That was the only warning I needed for me to swing my trembling legs off my warm bed and place my feet to the cold stone of the floor. I looked out through my open windows, overlooking the white clouds of Olympus. The sun was blooming over them, golden petals stretching over outwards into the rich blue. It filled the sky with shades of orange and pink. Peach and magenta, amber and rose, radiating a new day, a new hope. A hope to save the man that I loved.

I slipped out of my clothes and pulled on some spare mortal ones that I had tucked away in the bottom of my drawer. Tugging at my necklace to spread my armour across my body, I rolled my shoulders back and left my home. The streets where completely empty apart from a few elderly Olympians enjoying an early morning walk and the stall-keepers were setting up the weekly market. I knew I had to slip through the Gateway of Hermes without eye of The Twelve, not matter how much they knew how I loved Thor, they would never grant me permission to go to Sakaar.

I managed to pass through the Gateway of Olympus with no questions from its keeper Soteria. I had to stop myself from running down the bridge to the Gateway of Hermes, it would simply look suspicious.

"Hey Selene," one of the twins, Connell asked me. "Where are you going so early?"

"Just to Earth," I lied smoothly, ignoring my racing heart at the fact that Thor was in trouble. "Promised a friend that I'd meet them."

"In your armour?" Questioned Trevor.

"Yeah," I laughed. "Monster attacks have been frequent, can't be too careful."

"That's true," he sighed. "Anyway, enjoy yourself."

"Thanks guys," I smiled before stepping through the glistening, milky portal to another unknown planet.

not sure if i've mentioned (please tell me if i have haha) but penelope's face claim is tati gabrielle!!