Chapter 16

Authors Note: the first half will be in Thomas' POV because Abby isn't awake yet...

Thomas' POV

My route today was pretty boring without Abby. I'm anxious to see her when I get back to the Glade.

"Newt!" I call. "Have you see Abby?"

He gives me a questioning look. "No one ever told you?"

"Told me what?"

He gulps. "She's been stung Thomas. By a griever."

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. "What do you mean she's been stung?"

"Thomas-"

"She was with Minho!"

"Thomas, you need to talk to Minho-"

"Let me see her!" I try and run to the medjacks.

"Stop, Tommy, Stop! I don't think you should see her!"

I shove him out of the way.

"Thomas!" Alby shoves me to the ground.

"No!" I cry. I'm almost at the point of breaking down. The thought of losing her is unbearable.

I try to strangle my way out of Alby's arms. "Please Alby, let me see her."

"You can't. It's for your own good." He drags me over to the slammer and shoves me in. "You'll be staying in here until tonight. I'm sorry."

.

.

"Come on, we have some matters to discuss." Alby gives me his hand and pulls me out. "You okay?"

"Yeah," I sigh. "I'm fine."

"Good, cause I don't think you're going to like this."

I decide not to ask, and just wait.

"Do we have everyone?" Alby sits on a log.

I make eye contact with Minho, then break away fast. He opens his mouth to say something, then closes it.

"Alright. Most of you know that we've been talking about the problem of the girls being a distraction."

"You aren't thinking about-" Newt starts.

"Yes. I am Newt. We're going to send the girls into the maze overnight. Whoever lives, stays. No questions asked."

"Alby! You can't possibly do that!" Minho yells. "They deserve to have a life! I really like them too."

"Don't be irrational now, Alby. I don't think you've thought this through."

He laughs. It's almost like he's unsure of himself, but won't show it.

"It's simple." Gally adds. "You throw them in and whoever lives gets to stay. Let's weed out the weak." He smirks.

"Shut up, Gally! You're just upset that Abby isn't in love with you!" I fume. "Alby, you've taken her away from me during the day, and now you want to possibly take her away forever?"

"Listen to yourselves! You sound like lovesick puppies! It's been tearing the place apart! I just don't want anyone to get hurt."

"Fine. But I know she's going to make it, so you can suck it up Alby." Minho storms off.

"Well then," Alby laughs again. "2 days till we throw them in. Newt go check on Abby. Thomas your free now. Gally, just go."

Abby's POV

I wake up and feel my hand in Thomas'. Well, sorta. I'm half awake, but my body doesn't want to wake up.

"Please wake up, please." His voice is weak and raspy. "We all need you. I need you. Don't stop fighting, mockingbird."

My hand slips out of his, and I am left in silence.

.

.

.

Thank you zmeadow for the instructions on GIFs! I will upload them tomorrow when I get on the computer (I'm on my phone right now). I'm not much of a person for plot development, but once I finally reach a point, it gets better. I promise. Thank you all again for reading, liking, and commenting! It means a lot to me to get sweet comments!

-Abbiesophiaa