Chapter 14

AMELIA'S POV

Chapter 14

"C'mon Ames, there's a gathering." Newt slips his hand in mine. Together, we walk to the center of the Glade.

"Thank you for coming." Alby says. "I have some concerns to address. Minho has complained that Abby has been distracting Thomas from running. From her on out, Abby will not be permitted to run with Thomas."

I glance over to see Abby nervously rubbing her hands together and Thomas clenching his teeth, balling up his fists in frustration.

"Has anyone else experienced distractions?"

Murmurs from the crowd break the silence, but no one yells out.

"Good. Go back to your duties."

I look up at Newt. "I'm not a distraction, am I?"

"Of course not, Amelia." He says, placing a strand of hair behind my ear. "If anything, you're a stress reliever."

.

.

.

"Ugh," I groan. "That was the best meal ever!"

Frypan cooked spaghetti and meatballs, something he said was new. Everyone gobbled it down in minutes.

"Agreed." Newt says, slamming down his fork.

"I'm gonna go get some sleep." Thomas mumbles.

"Thomas! Shuck this." Minho tries to stop him. "Sorry guys, I'll be right back."

"I guess that leaves us." I laugh. Minho's affection for Thomas kills me.

"Why don't we go to the deadheads?" Newt suggests.

"Fun."

We walk, his hand around my waist. I've never quite understood why guys do that, but I like it. Newt sits down and pats the spot next to him.

"Look at the stars."

I tilt my head up. Tiny spots of light litter the sky. The flecks remind me of something from my past life. I can vaguely remember a time of the year where everyone had lights. They strung them everywhere. "They're beautiful."

"Everytime I look at them, the remind me of you. How you're so bright and beautiful. The way you never burn out."

"Newt-"

Suddenly I find his lips pressed to mine. His sugary lips are light at first, then press into a stronger, more deepened kiss. In shock I forget to kiss back.

He pulls away with a blank expression. I roll my eyes playfully and kiss him back. This time my hands go to his neck and his cradle my waist.

I finally pull away. "I think we should go back now, people might get suspicious."

"You're right." He blushes as he starts to walk away.

"Wait, um, thanks. For tonight. It was amazing."

He squeezes my hand. "Anything for you."

.

.

So that was a lame gathering but whatever 😂 I needed to add some Newtmelia (is that a good ship name?) in there. I ALMOST HAVE 1K READS! I never thought this would get this far! You guys are awesome! I think this story may be pretty lengthy so I hope you all don't mind. I'm sorry I didn't update Monday. The new cover picture in my bio is my friends and I dressed up for Dynamic Duo (we made a trio) day! Anyways, are you guys excited for Christmas! I am!!

QOTW: What do you want for Christmas?

-Abbiesophiaa