Chapter 6

Abby's POV

I stood next to Amelia and Chuck. Skylar strided confidently into the circle.

"Well well Greenie." He smirked. "Don't think just cause your a girl I'll go easy on you."

"Wow," Chuck said eagerly. "I need some popcorn!"

Skylar just smiled but her lip quivered slightly. I could tell she was nervous.

"Gally stop!" I yelled. "I'll take you." I wasn't about to let my new friend get beaten up.

"Abby no!" Chuck and Amelia whispered.

As I stepped into the circle, silence washed over the Glade.

"We'll then." I muttered.

"Here's the rules Greenie, I push you out of the circle, I win. Vice versa."

"Fine, lets get this over with." I hesitated, new to the glader slang. "Slinthead."

"Oohs" and laughs game from the gladers.

Gally took the first swing at my face. His fist only skimmed my cheek. Gally was strong, but he wasn't fast. My fist collided with his nose. He clutched it with his left, and shoved me to the ground with his right, leaving a searing pain in my shoulder.

"Not so smart now, are you shank?" He grunted. "By the way it's Captain-"

I sped up and kneed him in the groin. He doubled over in pain, but still managed to trip me. I ended up back on the ground. In a daze I looked at the surrounding gladers. I locked my gaze on Minho. His face was straight, but his eyes where full of worry.

I wasn't about to lose to the jerk.

I rammed my shoulder into his chest sending him tumbling back onto the ground, and out of the circle.

The cheers where deafening.

Thomas and Minho came and slapped me on the back. "Nice work!"

"ABBY THAT WAS AMAZING!" Chuck fangirled. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ACTUALLY STOOD UP TO GALLY!"

"We'll it's about time someone did." I smile.

"We need more of that in the glade. Ill defiantly be considering this when you get assigned tomorrow." Alby adds.

Mihno chuckled. "That really was something. You should have seen his shuck face when you kneed him. He looked like a monkey that just saw Thomas"

Thomas blushed. "Minho! I'm really not that ugly."

He wasn't, at all. To me he was more attractive then a lot of the gladers.

"Yeah yeah, keep telling yourself that." Minho slapped Thomas' butt and strolled off.

"That's enough for tonight!" Alby commanded. "Back to the homestead!"

I glanced over at Gally. He was obviously explaining to his followers how he "tripped" and I got lucky. When he caught my eye, he shot me a death glare. I laughed it off, but my insides where churning.