Chapter 11

AMELIA'S POV

I hate working as a medjack. It's only been 3 days, but the most exciting thing I've done was put a cold pack on Gally's mysterious head injury. The good thing is, since I don't have to leave the glade, I get to spend more time with Newt. During breaks we constantly see each other.

"Amelia? Do you have a second?" Newt pops his head in the doorway.

I nod and put the medicine I was sorting on the table.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Come with me." He takes my wrist and drags me to a far glade wall.

"Okay, tell me."

He runs his hand through his long, blonde, hair before putting it on the back of his neck. Gosh was it attractive. "I don't know how to bloody say this..."

I put my hand on his shoulder. "Hey, you can tell me anything."

He takes a deep breath. "Look, you've been here for about a week now. In this week, I've felt feelings I've never felt before. For you. I like you. I bloody like you, Ames."

I stare at him for a couple seconds. Out of all the gladers, Newt is the last person I would think of to break the no girl rule. Sure, we might get in trouble, but I like him back. A lot.

"I-I like you too, Newt." I leap into his arms. "But aren't you worried about Alby?"

"Shuck Alby." He takes my cheeks in his palms and lightly presses his lips to mine. It's a short kiss, but it lingers, leaving an electrifying tingle on my lips.

.

.

.

Newt and I sit hand in hand at the table.

"Wow, you guys seem awfully close." Minho says.

I look up to Newt and smile as he smirks.

Abby and Skylar giggle to each other as Thomas and Minho look drastically confused.

Newt pecks me on the cheek.

The girls squeal and the boys slap Newt on the back.

"Get it, shank." Minho laughs.

Maybe this won't be too complicated.

.

.

.

I saw Mockingjay: Part 1 yesterday and I have to say, that may have been the most dramatic movie I've ever seen. There were a few differences from the book but not many. Josh and Jen we're amazing!

-Abbiesophiaa