Chapter 4 - Try Again

Start from the beginning

"He'll turn up. You know he couldn't stand being mad at you for a long time." Sunghoon tried to at least comfort her. Jay's not a bad guy. He just needs some time to think.

"I think this time he really meant it. We're done. He's going to forget about me, I mean why would he need me? He has his real brother and his real parents." She said bitterly.

It was weird, but Lia somehow felt like Sunghoon and his family took away Jay from her.

Now that she's back to being the only child, all her moves are noticable. Every mistake has it's rightful punishment. No achievement is enough.

No Jay to buy her ice cream to cheer her up. No more movie nights. No more protective Jay who makes sure nobody would ever dare to make fun of her.

"This won't go on for a long time. I know Jay. He would never hurt you on purpose." Sunghoon rubbed her back.

That's when Lia started crying. She was supposed to hold it in until she's home alone, but being comforted by someone else besides Jay made her feel shattered. Like she truly lost Jay.

Sunghoon didn't know what to do once she started crying.

He's never comforted someone before. He though these only happens in movies. He didn't know there was an actual emotion where a person would cry because of an argument.

Compared to him, the last time he cried was when he won a tournament. It was tears of joy. Because his hard work paid off.

Nobody's ever been that close to him that arguments was not a big deal to him. He can simply disregard both the disagreement and the person he fought with.

...

Jay ran up towards him and saw Niki standing on the ledge, hands spread with eyes closed.

"Stop!" Jay yelled, startling Niki, and causing him to almost fall. He laughed and placed a hand in his chest in shock, glancing at Jay.

"That was close." He mutters in between chuckles.
Niki then went down from the ledge and sat on the floor and grabbed a Mars bar, taking a bite from it.

Jay was till flustered, staring at the kid eat snacks calmly after he almost feel from a 13 story building. He sat on the floor across Niki with his hands on his head, his heart still racing. His cheeks red from the cold and stress.

Niki noticed Jay still in distress. Somehow he felt guilty for worrying him. But he didn't know what to say. They're not even that close. Besides, Taki and Jay are not in a good term. Why would he talk to this asshole?

He can still remember how drained they were after chasing him just because of a Yoshi plushie. It was so stupid. The guy's a ninja. He disappeared after climbing lots and lots of fences of private properties. It was a mystery how he was not accused of breaking and entering.

Jay on the other hand couldn't unsee Niki from the ledge. He looked like he has given up. He glanced at Niki once again and saw him curiously observing him until he caught him staring and looked away.

He averted his gaze towards a taller building.

Why is he acting normal?

Why was he standing on the ledge? Jay wanted to know if it was just his mentality that's playing tricks on him, or was Niki really going to do it.

"I was only appreciating the night lights." Niki finally spoke. "Japan has lots." He added, then threw a little box of chocolate towards Jay. It has Japanese writings on it that Jay can only guess what it says. He sighed and opened the package, discovering a half strawberry and half chocolate sweets inside. He took one and tasted it. It was not bad at all.