Haechan • Save Me, Darling

Start from the beginning

You nodded thoughtfully.

''Well, sucks to be you." you commented as you stood up again.

The golden boy laughed again.

''Is that all you have to say, princess?'' He said, still smiling.

''Yes. By the way, stop calling me weird nicknames."

''Then tell me your real name."

''You first." you crossed your arms in front of your chest as you looked at him with a stubborn expression on your face.

The boy looked up at the sky and sighed.

''I guess there's no harm in telling you" he muttered. ''Look at my left wrist."

You stared at him, a bit suspicious of him.

Ah well, what could he do ? He was tied up after all.

There was no risk in just looking at his left wrist.

You walked towards his tied up hands and lifted the long sleeve of his dirty beige blouse.

Suddenly your heart stopped.

And then it started beating again twice as fast.

You saw a big, red scar on his wrist in the shape of the letter P.

This boy... Was a pirate?

''Oh WOOPSIE" the boy said in a joking manner, ''I meant the other left."

You rolled your eyes in annoyance as you lifted the blouse on his other arm. On this wrist you could see a tattoo of a brilliant sun, shining upon the sea. It was a very pretty tattoo.

''My name is Haechan," He explained. ''Hae means sun and Chan means full, so full sun. I got that name because of my skin colour."

''A sun kissed skin colour..." you mumbled absentmindedly.

Haechan chuckled softly as an answer.

You sat down again in front of him.

''You're a pirate" You stated while looking at him with curiosity twinkling in your eyes.

A naughty look appeared in his eyes.

''That's right. Aren't you scared right now ?'' He smirked

You let out a loud, sarcastic laugh.

''You're literally tied up against a pole, my friend. So no, not really"

He sighed. ''Dammit"

He looked at you again from the corners of his eyes.

''Since you're not scared, might as well untie me now." He said casually.

''HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....'' You pretended like you were thinking about it really deeply

''Pleaaaasse" He whined childishly.

''What do I get out of it?'' you asked him teasingly.

''My love and admiration for the rest of your life?" he offered.

You shook your head "That's bullshit, give me something useful."

He sighed ''As expected, you aren't that easy...''

''If you get me out of here, and we survive, I'll introduce you to my captain. Maybe he can help  you get home." he proposed.

You laughed cynically.

''I don't have a home."

Haechan remained quiet for a little while.

You started to get impatient. After all, you were still on a sinking ship. You could hear the water slamming against the hatch and the sides of the ship. Soon the deck would also be flooded.

Suddenly Haechan started speaking softly.

''You can come with me."

You blinked in surprise a few times. A pirate, asking you, a woman, to come with him?

Oh... He probably just wanted you to be his personal whore or something.

''Yeah right, and be used as your love slave? Thanks but no thanks.''

Unexpectedly his eyes turned angry.

''Is that what you think of me? Someone who uses woman for sex only and treats them like a piece of shit ? Well then you are wrong. I would never do that. I could never."

You remained quiet.

Maybe you misjudged him after all.

You were about to apologise when suddenly the hatch flew out of it's hinges and a huge amount of water came flushing out.

''OH SHIT" You and Haechan both screamed at the same time.

You quickly jumped up and took out your knife. Rapidly you started cutting through the ropes Haechan was tied up with. Luckily the knife was pretty sharp so it didn't take you too long.

As soon as Haechan's hands were free he took your hand and dragged you to the highest part of the ship.

You started rummaging through all the crap that was laying on the deck until you found a big piece of wood and an old paddle. You threw them overboard and was about to jump after them when you felt Haechan pulling you back.

''What?!'you asked with slight panic and a lot of annoyance in your voice.

''I.." he stuttered

''I SAID WHAT, C'MON, HURRY UP!"

''I CAN'T SWIM" He yelled.

''Are you kidding me ?!" you yelled back. ''A pirate who can't swim??''

You grabbed his arms and made him face you.

''Look at me! Look me in the eyes. Do you trust me ? I just saved you and I'm ready to save you again, you hear me ?'' You shook him back and forth in an attempt to wake him up from his thoughts.

Suddenly he put his hand on your back and pulled you towards him. He kissed you shortly and roughly. You could taste the fear and desperation on his lips. Before you could get angry or pull him closer, his lips had already left yours.

''For good luck'' He whispered as he pulled back and took your hand in his again.

And then you jumped.

-

-

-

Let me know if you want a part two ;)

Xoxo,
Lily