Yuta • Captain Von Kartel

Synopsis: when the scandalous Helena von Kartel is facing trial, she suddenly gets saved by a mysterious man who claims to be send by the Queen. He helps her escape but ofcourse there is a catch...

"Move, pirate."

My wrists hurt from the heavy shackles. Every step was agony. Was it really just because I hadn't slept or eaten well in days or was it more because of the fact I was doomed?

There was no way I wouldn't be sentenced with the death penalty. I had just done too much shit.

The guards opened the door and the guy who took me out of my cell pushed me forward. I stumbled but managed to stay on my feet.

I sent him a glare.

"Some respect would be nice. Don't they teach anybody manners nowadays?" I scoffed, my voice raspy.

"Shut it, piece of scum! I don't respect pirates, especially a female one!" The guard laughed, but he was the only one.

He dragged me towards a wooden chair in the middle of the room, throwing me down onto it.

I rolled my eyes. These guys really don't know how to treat a lady.

The jury had broken out into loud whispering ever since I entered the room. I made sure to eye down each and every one of them. Just wanted to make sure they would remember the face of the woman they were about to sentence to death.

"Order!" A fat guy who appeared to be the judge yelled out as he slammed a wooden hammer onto the table. The noise in the room slowly toned down until it was finally quiet.

"Today," He started, " we have come together for the trial of Miss Helena van Kartel who is accused of several crimes-"

I sighed. Its Helena von Kartel, not van. They always got it wrong.

"such as theft, pretending to be a Saint, pretending to be a member of the French Royal family, breaking into England's Royal Palace, stealing of multiple marine ships of several navy's, witchcraft, seducing of a pastor-"

I scoffed. Since when does being groped by a guy count as seducing them? It wasn't my fault he couldn't keep his hands to himself.

"-several cases of piracy, stabbing an officer in the buttox-"

He asked for it, I swear.

"-selling sexual favors, and-" the judge's eyes widened "-kissing the Queen??"

I shrugged. It was actually her who kissed me. It was one of the first "crimes" I committed, the one which started the endless chain of crimes and adventure I ended up in. But it was all worth it. I actually loved the life I was living. Not gonna lie, I was sad I'd have to let it go but at least I could say I really made the most of it.

"Would've done a lot more than kissing if those guards hadn't interrupted us." I said casually, hearing several gasps from the jury.

"Scandalous!" One lady yelled out, aggressively fanning her face.

"I know." I said with a cocky smile.

The judge's lips pressed together in a fine line.

"Well, as I'm looking at all these accusations and your...interesting way of perceiving them, I hereby sentence you to death by hanging. Jury?"

The jury barely needed any time to vote, almost all of them agreed. I must pay for the filthy sins I had committed.

"Great, the execution will take place tomorrow morning at 7:15 am. Thank-"