Haechan • Donghyuck

Synopsis: when the guy of your dreams suddenly appears right in front of you, things are bound to be interesting. Even more when you find out he may not be who others think he is.

5 days ago I was sent out in the desert by no other but my very own father.

It was foolish of me to go against him but I just couldn't allow him to kill my beloved dog.

I look to my side at the panting Weimaraner beside me.

"It's because of you we're now homeless, you stupid dog." I mumble at him, continuing to walk through the endless heat.

He barks at me as if he's protesting.

I got him when I was 7. Because I was a bit young for a dog, one of my dad's guards helped me raise him. We did quite an okay job except for the fact we never managed to unlearn him his preyhunting nature. It was never really an issue, until he killed one of my fathers expensive pigs about a week ago.

My father was furious and was about to kill him when I jumped in front of him, telling him to stop.

He got even more pissed at that and decided it would be better for his nerves if he just banned the dog AND me out of the Palace.

And so here we are

I was planning on walking over to my aunts, but the way to it seemed to be a lot longer than I remembered and the ever changing desert didn't make it any better.

I swear I've seen the same cactus atleast 3 times.

Kanshee starts howling and I take my bottle out of my pocket so I can drip the last few drops of water into his beak.

His dry tongue licks my hand asking for more but I don't have any.

"Come on, Kanshee." I say, because we have to walk on. Find water. Food. A place to rest when the night falls and the deadly sun dissapears to make place for an even deadlier cold.

It's a miracle we've come this far.

We walk on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

The only sign we're getting any further is the fact all forms of life slowly start to dissapear until its just us two in an ocean of sand.

The sun mercilessly shines down upon us, blinding us with her smile.

I pull my drenched shirt up to my nose so the sand that blows up with the wind won't get into my nose and mouth.

I look at Kanshee and all I can think about is what a crazy good dog he is.

"I'll get us to water, I promise." I say, my voice raspy.

Kanshee barks and I smile.

At least one of us believes in me.

We continue walking for another few hours, until I can't walk any more and I have to sit down.

Kanshee pushes his nose against my chin, wagging his tail like crazy and I wonder where he gets the energy.

"Just a minute Kanshee." I say, scratching him behind his ears.

But as I sit in the sand I feel like a minute can never be enough to energise me. I don't need rest, I need water.

Water.

I squint my eyes in an attempt to spot an oasis or something on the horizon but because of the wind and the hot hair, nothing is clear.

"Shit man." I mumble.

Kanshee looks at me with a question mark practically hanging above his head.

"Nevermind. Time to go." I say as I get up again. I give myself some time to regain my balance and sigh at the throbbing headache I currently have.