Haechan • Donghyuck Pt.2

"Because if they find out who I am, they'll kill me."

The words he spoke echo around in my head as I get inside the bath.

I let out a sigh of relief when my skin touches the water. It's delightfully cold and refreshing. The smell of lemons and rosemary drifts up into my nose, waking me up.

Usually this is the type of bath you take in the morning but since I walked through the heat for so many days, a cold bath is just right. I'm sure I would warm up again as soon as I step out of it .

I splash some water into my face, rubbing off all the built up sand and sweat. I thank the heavens for my dark skin which protects me against the merciless sunrays. If my skin was any lighter I would have been burned to the crisp.

"If they find out who I am, they'll kill me."

Who are you?

Who is Donghyuck? And what did he do?

I sigh once again and get out of the water. I wrap a towel around me and don't bother to dry myself off because the hot weather will do it for me in no time.

Shortly after my conversation with Donghyuck I asked one of the carpets to bring me to my room and that's where I am now.

Kanshee is sleeping on my bed. I'm glad I'm allowed to keep him in my room because I don't know what I would do without him. I couldn't bring anything from home. He's the only thing I've left.

I walk to one of the windows which is huge but I'm sure only appears to be a small hole from the other side.

I look down and see my aunt talking to one of her customers, I assume. Donghyuck is standing next to her, expressionless as always.

Suddenly I freeze.

Wait.

Maybe I should stop calling him Donghyuck in my thoughts too. My aunt can read them with one touch and even if it's not deliberately, chances are she'll see it. It's a miracle she hasn't seen it yet.

Another shock goes trough me.

What if she has? What if she already saw it and shes currently thinking about how to get rid of him? What if she already made a plan?

I have to warn him!

I throw on a white top and some white pants and run towards the carpet I used as an entrance.

"Take me to the front door." I say to it and immediately it releases itself from the wall, laying flat in front of me so I can step on it.

Instead of trying to be cool I sit down onto it because I know I can't keep my balance for shit and the carpet quickly flies down through the hallway, passing several other rooms until it comes to a stop in front of the entrance.

I get off, rushing outside, the feeling of the burning sun making me almost regret coming out. Almost.

But I had to tell him.

I make my way to the three people standing in our backyard, the customer just turning around to leave. I politely wait for them to finish their goodbyes and then approach the two remaining people with an apologetic smile.

"Hey Auntie, sorry to bother you but can I borrow Haechan a little while? Only if you don't need him right now, ofcourse!" I tell her.

She furrows her brows slightly "Well, I don't mind but I do wonder what you could possibly need him for!"

My thoughts race, trying to come up with a good excuse.

"Well I was wondering if he could teach me some basic self defence. I've decided I want to become really good at fighting. Just don't want to feel so helpless anymore." I lie. I already know a lot more than basic self defence, my dad gave me classes every week back home. But they were always kept a secret from everyone so there's no way she would know. "Figured he might be able to help."