Haechan • Deal or no deal?

Surpriseeeee I'm not dead (yet)

Synopsis: Living in the streets is as tough as it sounds. Killed or be killed, those are your two options. And don't you dare think about trusting anyone. However, after all those years of fighting side by side, Azra has gained a bit of a soft spot for Haechan, but he definitely doesn't feel the same about her. Or does he?

Trigger warning: blood, violence, mentioning of death
-

Azra was very doubtful of this job. She didn't like negotiations and she definitely didn't like the Bartels. But when Haechan asked her to join, she couldn't say no. He needed her, even if he didn't want to admit it.

Azra's eyes scanned the alley, looking for ways out. A bunch of trashcans in the back. She could climb on top of them and launch herself onto one of the balconies from there. But where would she go from there? Maybe she could climb further up using a downsprout but she doubted she would make it to the top before someone would shoot her.

It didn't matter anyways. She wasn't going to run. Not without him. And he wouldn't leave until the job was done.

Her eyes drifted towards the red haired boy next to her. His expression was seemingly blank, as always. Haechan was a difficult person to read. But scavenging the streets with him for years had made her more perceptive of his moods. And today he was definitely in a bad one.

'This is a stupid idea. No way Bartel is going to let us leave this alley alive. Is it really worth going through all this trouble just for some dusty old restaurant?' Pascal complained.

'If Lee wants us to bargain with the Bartels, we will bargain with the Bartels. If you have anything against his orders I suggest you talk to him.' Haechan replied in his signature stone cold voice.

Pascal shivered. Azra remembered the last time Pascal was stupid enough to go against Lee... He hadn't been able to walk for weeks, and after that he never managed to completely recover from his injuries, leaving him a crooked man. You'd think he had learned to keep his mouth shut after that, but some people never learn. Though he did avoid Lee as much as he possibly could, giving they lived in the same building.

'You're early, demon.' A man stepped out of the shadows. He was bald and dressed in flamboyant cloths which looked oddly out of place in the dim, dirty alley.

''Being late is a luxury limited to the wealthy. '' Haechan replied emotionlessly. ' We all know time is money, and I plan to drown in my own fortune. I'd appreciate it if we could keep this short.'

'Only as short as you'll allow it to be.' The bald man grinned as he stepped further into the light, two broad guys following behind him. Suddenly Azra worried about their own capabilities. Three malnourished teenagers against three grown, buff men? Who knows, maybe they had even more men hiding in the shadows, waiting to jump out at the right moment.

''Give us back Hell House and we'll give you 10 percent of the earnings.' Haechan said.

Bartel laughed. ''You have some sense of humor, kid.'

Haechan remained still, his arms crossed as he waited for Bartel to dry his tears.

'You must think I'm an idiot. 10 percent of what that wreck makes? I couldn't even buy a sigaret with that amount.' He chuckled.

Azra had to try her best not to roll her eyes. It was obvious he was bluffing. The Hell House was the most prosperous place in The Pit. Only a fool would pretend otherwise. However, she couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy... Maybe he was planning something more complicated...

'Perhaps I should make this deal a bit more interesting for you.' Haechan said loudly, finally shutting Bartel up. In a more quiet tone he continued, 'Either you take this deal and you leave with all your limbs and organs intact and a wonderful investment in your pocket. Or, you will leave this alley in the arms of Magere Hein, with no one left to help your beloved daughter who I'll make sure meets her end in a way even a monster like you would find horrifying. The choice is up to you. But choose quickly. My man are eagerly waiting by her window. If I'm not there at midnight to deliver them the happy news of our regaining of the Hell House, they will assume we failed to come to an agreement and proceed as pre-arranged. Deal or no deal?'