<F> Chapter Four

CHRISTINA

As soon as I arrived the condo, I immediately try calling Silvia.

"Pick up pick up pick up" I whisper to the phone even though no one's still on the line.

I enter the elevator and cancel the call first, "Eighth floor" I say to the girl who manages the buttons and before the doors close, someone blocks it.

I face back at my phone and try calling Silvia again.

"Good morning, Mr. Sui" I hear the girl greet the man as he enters but I don't stare at them.

Dialing.... Ringing... More ringing...

I'm freaking out for no reason.

Silvia, please pick up.

"Ahh fuck" I murmur annoyed because no one was still answering. My cursing voice echoes through the lift due to the closed walls. I swiftly put my head down embarrassed that a girl (me) is actually cussing by herself. No one knows who I am - I prayed.

"Christina?" the guy standing beside me speaks.

Well, that was fast. I guess my prayer wasn't heard. How bad did I do that I'm being punished this much?

I look up and check who he is.

It's just Valentine.

Relieved.

"Told 'ya, we were destined for each other" he says.

Nevermind.

I eye the elevator-button-manager girl as she raises one of her eyebrows studying me from head to toe. I give her a stare for her to stop studying me and she looks away.

"Val" I say, falsely smiling to Valentine.

"So, you live here too?" he asks.

I nod and look straight ahead trying to avoid him already since I suddenly remember how our last talk ended and I needn't another conversation with him.

I cast at the elevator screen above the door checking what floor we were on.

Third floor.

Fck. Can this go any faster?

"So, what floor are you in?" he asks.

I don't reply at first then he adds, "if you don't mind?"

"Oh. Eighth" I shortly respond.

CAN. YOU. NOT. NOTICE. I. DONT. WANT. TO. TALK. TO. YOU. ?! Urgh

The elevator stops at the fifth floor. Please tell me someone's coming in that I know and I can talk to. Or better, please tell me this is his floor!

"Sir?" the girl spoke to Valentine as the door opens.

I glance at Valentine for a second, "I'm assuming this is already your floor?" I guessed talking to him.

PLEASE SAY YOU'RE FROM THIS FLOOR PERIOD.

"Well yeah" he nods and just blankly stares at me.

FINALLY THEN GET OUT.

"You know what, actually, not yet" he points up signalizing the girl to close the elevator door again. She follows his command. What? Ugh.

"I mean.... wanna have breakfast with me at the rooftop?" he asks.

"Oh, no thanks. I just had breakfast at home with my parents" I say straight to him and the elevator starts going up again.

"Oh.... that's too bad. Okay then. I was just expecting..." he pauses, "Nah, maybe next time" he said smiling at me which was obviously a fake and sad one.