<D> Chapter Three

CHRISTINA

I open my eyes hoping for a great morning as I see the sunlight passing through my terrace door.

Time Check: 6:13AM

Well, the sun's up early. I'm hoping it's not too late to jog.

I get up and grab my rainbow colored neon nike flyknits which I got from the mall yesterday when I was with Silvia. I needed new shoes for my old ones won't fit me anymore. Plus, I left my running shoes in the condominium. These ones will do.

I went down to grab an apple - took a bite on it and left.

Mommy Liz then yells from behind, "You sure you're going to eat these sunny side up when you come back?"

I put my earphones on not bothering to respond to her question.

After eighteen minutes of jogging to my usual route, and that means not passing through the Alves' street, I hear a car beep. Not that I freaked out, though I removed my right earphone and move swiftly to the left pavement. I still hear honking so I stop jogging and walk slower instead to look back and check who owned the car.

It's dad. The window through the driver's seat was opened and I see mom sitting beside him.

Surprised, I yell to them like a child, "Mom! Dad!"

The car stops and I immediately run towards them. I put my head through the window and give them both a kiss.

"Why are you guys here early?" I ask.

Dad puts his finger at the edge of my nose, "Well, your mom figured we should drop by for breakfast... and now we see you here. Have you eaten?"

"Hmmm..." I grinned with all my teeth out expecting them to get mad at what I'm about to say, " I took a bite from the apple"

Dad pinches my cheek and speaks, "Sweetheart! C'mon now ride with us, let's get breakfast."

I remembered that nanny made something for me and told my parents about it, "Out? Mommy Liz cooked eggs at home."

"Oh. Okay then let's eat" mom invites me to hop on as if I don't know how to get home.

There's another vehicle pressing its horn for us from the back, I noticed how we were blocking the road, although I didn't mind at first. It's early in the morning and work starts at 8 for everyone in the city. That car can wait - I said in my mind and give its carfront an evil look. And besides, he could overtake if he's really in a hurry that he wants to go ahead.

I face my parents and give a joke, "Mom, I'm 23 I want a good body."

Dad pinches my other cheek harder.

"You know, dad" I pause, "Sooner or later I might find my own prince charming too" I wink at both of them and they look at each other looking nervous.

"I'm kidding. I'll just follow you guys. I'm not yet done here" I say taking my joke back and they both give me a fake chuckle.

"Okay be sure, hun" Dad spouts as he presses on the button inside to put the windows back up.

"Bye honey"

The car from the back honks again and opens its window near the driver's seat.

"Hey guys! I've got some business here" a guy's head came out yelling but I wasn't able to see him clearly since he put his head back fast.

Dad closes his windows and moves along. I wave them a goodbye.

"Thank you! It's about time!" the guy from the back arrogantly shouts.