Fighting

CHRISTINA

Leo never told me the reason why he was absent last Friday, two weeks ago. I never asked him about it either, he might just tease me of being concern or curious about him.

Today is already Exhibit day for the Quasar month and it's a good thing Leo took care of our project very well. We got an A, maybe not a plus but that's okay.

Leo actually finished the project by himself. I never went to his house after - that was probably my first and last. Still no one knows how we made our project, if we did it together and/or who thought of it.

Valentine left for Japan too, two days ago. He organized a pool party for the class in his village's clubhouse last Sunday. I directly went there after me and my parents arrived from out of town. I came late but I'm still glad since he was really happy I went. Weird.

Leo didn't go though. I texted him about it since he didn't have facebook. I tried calling him too when I was already there. No one picked up.

I think I saw his car by the time I arrived but maybe it's another classmate's BMW so I confirmed it during break time last Monday. He said he was busy at that time so he wasn't able to check his phone. And he wasn't really interested in going to that party. Oh well, I believe him. Introvert.

I face him after Professor Bale checked our work, "Leo, thank you for helping me with the project."

"Oh, no. Thank you for helping" he repeats.

"I'd like to remind you that I was the one who finished the project" he whispers with his mouth closed so that no one will notice him talking.

"Wow okay" I whisper back to him.

"Just to remind you, I thought of the project. You never told me you needed help..." I added.

"That's because I didn't" he says noticing, through my peripheral vision, that he was now looking at me.

Ugh he's really annoying, c'mon. Sometimes he intentionally irritates me. He's probably the only one who knows how to.

He walks away from me and I know for sure he'd be going back to the classroom so I follow him.

I wanted to talk to him and share a lot of things already about what's happening with my life right now. I wanna tell him about the weekend I had with my parents (well of course I've been bragging to him since last week but I wasn't done talking about it). I wanna share how Madeleine's trying to be really bitchy with Academics even though I'm not really into running against her as class Valedictorian.

I wanna tell him because he's the only one who listens. He's not gay but trust me you can share anything even though you know he wouldn't care. Leo is also - probably - the only one who I can vent out to.

I walk through the hallway with Leo in front of me and I'm hoping he thinks of me as a friend that way too. Someone he could go to when nobody else is there to listen. Well yes, that's kind of what's happening actually - in a way.

Most of the time, Leo knows more about what's happening in the school. He's my eyes and ears of the campus. He listens to hear-hears and gossips then talks to me about it. It takes about a week or two until the news spreads to the entire school. Amazed balls.

We already arrive the classroom and he sits on his chair near the glass board, as usual.

I take the chair beside his. There's an exhibit going on downstairs, and some games were also made like a Chemistry Twister with the Table of Elements as colors (smart huh), so I doubt if anyone would go up to the classrooms. It's a safe time. No one will be able to see us.