4- High School Friends & High School Boys

Vera's Perspective
Same day
(Lunch)

Vera's mind wanders, still taken aback by how cruelly she exposed Mr. Martinez. Of course, she knew that her 'guess' was correct. The marriage between Mr. Martinez and his spouse had already gone downhill, either way, she admitted she knew it wasn't her place to expose him, for whatever reason it had come to an end. She guessed that after her own father cheated on her mom, coming to a divorce, let her open her eyes to such many unfaithful people.

Just then a chill went up her spine making her shiver, realizing she still thought of that 'man' as her 'father'. She wasn't just saying that because the man cheated, no, it turns out she was not biologically his. They had kept it from her for 17 years. Vera doesn't know who or where her real father is. To her, who knew he probably already had another family with kids, a stay at home wife, a perfect life with the perfect family. She couldn't ignore the jealousy that flooded through her, because while he left disposing of his trash, he left her trying to salvage everything in hope for her to keep it, her family, together.

"Vera! Dios Mio, Vera! Are you there?!" came a loud voice. Belonging to one of Vera's closest friends, Jaqueline, or as almost everyone calls her, 'Jackie'.

Finally, Vera glanced up from where they were eating. They were sitting outside on the schools quad on a red lunch table. The perfect old spot with a tree that stood over them covering them with a nice cool shade. Although, Vera sat at the edge of the table, where the sun was the most bright. Letting the suns rays gently kiss her cheeks with warmth. California's spring was beautiful, full of warm energy, and full of light and life, it seemed to comfort her just a notch.

Jackie waved her hand in front of Vera's face, "Helloooo Veraaa!", she said loudly.

Vera shot up putting on a smile, "Hmm?", she murmured looking at her friend in front of her. Jackie was just the right amount of pretty, not overly good looking but, her personality brightened her up. Making her seem, at least to Vera, one of the most beautiful people on earth. What could she say, she was biased.

She seemed full of energy to everyone she came across, a total sweetheart like Arin. Only, Vera understood she wasn't a total saint, not stopping her from hating people here and there and ranting off about them to Vera herself. Vera smiled looking at Jackie's appearance. Her long straight and thick brown hair was up in a high ponytail, her bangs just as messy. She wore a red sweatshirt and as Jackie herself would say, it was to hide her too generous boobs. Her face was clear except for dark drawn eyebrows, a small stud nose piercing, and a goofy grin on her face. Overall she was charming.

"Sorry, what?", Vera said.

Earning her another eye roll as she quietly poked her fries from where she was seated in front of her. She waved Vera off with a hand, going back to what she had been saying with an overly dramatic and exciting interest.

"So what do you think of the new guy, huh?", she grins eagerly with a devilish hint.

'Of course', Vera thinks rolling her eyes in her thoughts.

She merely shrugged, grabbing her fountain cup which was half full with ice-cold pink Brisk lemonade, taking slow small sips so she wouldn't have to respond.

Jackie frowned then quickly raised her eyebrows up and down, dreamlike. "He's hot, right?!...", she said clapping her hands together and leaning over the table eagerly waiting.

"I'd like to think I am".

Jackie groaned at Arins flirtatious voice.

Vera laughed turning to see Arin coming towards them with a tray in his hands. His latest food addiction was what he called 'Asian Animal Fries'. Although, being a third Asian himself, he swore this was not real Chinese cuisine.