Chapter 8

Lucky for Archer all the flight attendants gave him was a stern talking to and scowls. It wasn't like they could have done much else forty thousand feet in the air. Cade was moved toward the front of the plane and Archer took Cade's old seat to avoid anymore confrontations.

After everything had calmed down a bit and Archer had assured the flight attendants that he wouldn't punch anybody else they finally made their way back to the front of the plane.

As soon as they were out of earshot Archer slumped in his seat and grumbled,

"I'm going to kill him."

I turned to look at him. "I thought you said you were over it."

"I lied."

I sighed heavily.

"Archer just let it go. Please. I want us to enjoy this trip and we can't do that if you're constantly trying to kill Cade."

"I'll kill him quickly then." He grumbled.

I stared at him for a few moments before I leaned across the seat and kissed him on the cheek.

Archer blinked in surprise before he turned to look at me.

"What was that for?" He asked with a silly grin forming on his lips.

I smiled and simply shook my head.

"Just for being an awesome boyfriend."

The grin on his face turned into a soft smile as he grabbed my hand and then slowly wound his hand in my hair with the other.

When he started to lean forward I met him halfway until his lips were pressed against mine.

The kiss was slow and sweet and left me breathless when he pulled away.

I was practically beaming.

"What was that for?" I repeated his earlier question.

"For being a perfect girlfriend."

I felt my face heat up before I turned to look out the window.

"I am pretty awesome. I don't know about perfect though."

Archer reached forward and gently turned my head so I was looking at him again.

"What would you do if I cheated on you?"

I blinked in surprise, not quite sure if I had heard him correctly.

Where the hell did that come from?

"What did you say?"

"I said, what would you do if I cheated on you?" He repeated.

"Before or after your funeral?"

Archer opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

"Why would you ask me something like that? Are you trying to hint at something? Have you cheated on me? I swear on my dead goldfish Archer Daniels if you've cheated on me I'll castrate you and shove-"

Archer reached forward and covered my mouth with his hand.

He stared at me with that soft smile on his face again before he quietly said,

"See? You're perfect."

When he took his hand away I stared at him for a few seconds before punching him in the shoulder.

"Ow! What was that for?" Archer demanded, rubbing his shoulder.

"For asking me that stupid question! I thought you were trying to tell me you had cheated on me!"

Archer actually had the nerve to laugh.

"I'd have to be pretty damn stupid to do something like that."

I raised my eyebrows.

"And why is that? Are you scared of what I'd do to you if you did?"

"No...well yes but that's not the point. The point is, anybody who would purposely do anything to hurt you obviously doesn't have it all upstairs. That, or they're just a grade A jackass."

I laughed before I took Archer's hand in mine.

"As corny as it sounds, as long as I have you I'll be fine."

Archer smiled before pressing a quick kiss to my lips.

"Then you have nothing to worry about."

***

When we landed in Hawaii it was around 8 p.m. It was still going to be another hour or two before the other plane arrived with the rest of the students so after everyone had their luggage, Mr. Frazier decided to take us so we could check into the hotel we'd be staying at.

We all loaded up on a resort bus and headed toward the hotel.

When we arrived at the hotel I was pretty sure someone was playing a prank on us because there was no way we could afford the place the bus had dropped us off at.

The building was massive and creme colored surrounded by swaying palm trees and the sounds of waves crashing against the shore signaled a nearby ocean. Large glass windows allowed me to see into the lobby of the hotel where warm lights shined on the modern furniture and the floors made of black marble with golden pieces specked through.

It was stunning.

"Wow." Megan said in awe.

"I know." I agreed, still eyeing the building in front of me.

"All right everybody. Let's head inside and get you guys your assigned rooms." Mr. Frazier said as he moved to stand in front of us.

Before anybody could move a group of boys took off running for the front doors of the hotel calling dibs on the hot tub.

Mr. Frazier sighed and shook his head.

"Will the rest of you please follow your classmates in a more civilized manner."

As we all shuffled pass I saw what looked like a camera flash come from my right.

I turned in the direction of the flash but all I saw was the gently swaying palm trees.

Frowning, I looked up into the sky thinking that maybe it had been lightning but all I saw was a clear navy sky scattered with stars.

I turned to face the palm trees again with a look of concentration on my face.

I hadn't imagined it had I?

"Hey, you okay?"

I jumped in fright and spun around to find Archer staring at me curiously.

I glanced back over my shoulder one more time before turning back to face him.

"Ugh, yeah. I just thought I saw something."

Archer glanced over my shoulder before meeting my eyes again.

"I don't see anything."

"Yeah, I think I was just seeing things." I said quickly, trying to brush it off.

Archer nodded slowly before he grabbed my hand.

"Come on, let's go catch up with everybody."

I nodded and stole one last glance behind me before I let Archer lead me inside the hotel.