Chapter 1

Before you guys continue please note that this version is unedited. Since the book is now published and available on Amazon, the edited version is there. If you would like a link to the full book I've provided it below :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1644342758

"He's not going to do it."

"He is."

"Come on, even he has more sense than that."

"I'm telling you, he's going to do it."

"No way."

"Just wait and see."

Megan and I turned around and watched expectantly as the speaker walked up to the podium on stage. There was a brief pause before they cleared their throat before starting, reading the paper below them.

"I'd like to say that I enjoyed my time here at Colton High, but if I said that I'd be lying."

I turned to see Megan's jaw hit the ground. I just shook my head and smiled before turning my attention back to the speaker.

"I don't know if there is anyone who is ready to see Colton High in their rear view mirror more than me. So I'm not going to sit up here and go on and on about how I'll miss this school and everyone in it because then I'd be lying again and my mom didn't raise me to be liar. I don't want to stand up here talking all day either. Instead I'd like to leave you with this quick and simple phrase before I take my seat."

There was another pause and then-

"Goodbye seniors, goodbye class. Colton High School you can kiss my-"

"Okay!"

I watched in amusement as our school's principal Ms. Stanley, ran up on stage almost tripping in her heels in the process, and took the microphone away from the speaker.

"Thank you Mr. Daniels for such an...enlightening speech." She said after shooting him a look.

Archer gave her a mock salute before descending the stairs and making his way back to his seat next to me.

I turned to look at Archer and whispered, "Nice speech."

Archer smirked.

"You think so? I stayed up all night working on that one."

"Oh yeah, I can definitely tell."

Megan leaned forward then.

"Would it have killed you to actually make an effort and say a real speech?"

Archer pretended to think about it for a few seconds before replying.

"Yes, it would've and we all know you'd miss me most of all if I died."

I watched with a smile on my face as Megan's face turned a light shade of red.

Since Archer and I had started dating I might have mentioned to him that Megan had a serious infatuation with him and ever since then Archer went out of his way to speak to her just to see her get all flustered.

"Would not." Megan said trying to sound serious but failing miserably.

"Are you saying you wouldn't care if I died?" Archer put a hand to his heart and pretended to look hurt.

Apparently Megan thought he was actually upset and started stammering out words.

"No I...I didn't mean that... I would... but you... and... I wouldn't..."

I placed my hand on Megan's shoulder.

"He's joking Meg." I said trying to fight off the smile trying to form on my lips.

Megan's face turned an ever darker shade of red as she folded her arms and quickly turned around.

I turned back to Archer.

"You're going to give her a heart attack one day and kill her and unfortunately for you that means I'll have to kill you."

Archer opened his mouth to reply, but just then an annoyingly high pitched voice spoke up from in front of us.

"Could you keep it down back there? Some of us are trying to listen."

I scowled at the face of Avery Robinson as she scrunched her face up at me.

"If you don't get her, I will." I warned Archer quietly without breaking eye contact with the she demon in front of me.

As soon as it was made known to the public that Archer and I were together she was constantly sending me dirty looks and saying petty things to her friends when I was in earshot like "Can you believe Archer is actually with her?" or "We all know he only wants one thing and once he gets it he'll come crawling back to me."

That type of nonsense.

I'm not the type of person to let that type of stuff get to me but one day I caught Avery basically trying to shove herself down Archer's pants in the hallway during lunch and I literally almost killed her.

Lucky for Archer, when I caught them he seemed like he had actually been trying to stop her, otherwise we would have had a joint funeral for the both of them.

Ever since that day Archer made me promise that I wouldn't try anything like that again because he didn't want me getting into trouble or some nonsense like that. I really wasn't listening to him then.

I was too busy picturing Avery's head underneath a steam roller with me at the wheel.

Anyway, I had kept my promise so far but Avery was really starting to push my buttons.

"Just ignore them babe." Said yet another annoying and familiar voice.

I turned my scowl to the back of Cade Phillips' head this time.

Coward. He didn't even have the guts to turn around and look at us. It was probably because he was scared that Archer would break his nose again but hey.

After catching his best friend and girlfriend together in the old bathrooms at school five months earlier Archer had dumped Avery and punched Cade in those nose as a result, breaking it.

Surprisingly Avery and Cade were still together. I wondered how long it would last before she was caught in the bathroom with someone else.

Avery shot me one last look before turning back around.

I simply shook my head and returned my attention back to Ms. Stanley.

"I'd like to say how much I've enjoyed having you all here at Colton High for the past few years. I've come to know many of you so well and I feel like a parent who has watched all her children grow up."

"Bullshit." Archer coughed loudly into into his fist causing the people within earshot to start snickering. I quickly elbowed him and shot him a look.

"I'm so proud of all of you and see nothing but the best for your futures endeavors." Ms. Stanley continued. "Congratulations class of 2014!"

Cheers went up all around us as everyone stood and started clapping. Almost simultaneously, as if everyone was reading each other's minds we threw up our caps and the cheers grew louder.

This was it. We made it.

No more high school. No more terrible lunches that resembled prison food. No more snobby Avery. We were starting our lives out in the real world and I couldn't have been more excited. There was nothing but good things ahead.

At least that's what I thought at first.