Chapter 4

After dinner and a promise from me to kill him for his earlier joke Archer had left and I headed upstairs to shower.

I had just stepped out of the shower when I heard my phone blaring out Don't Cha by the Pussycat Dolls but instead of the original version my phone was currently blaring "Don't cha wish your boyfriend was hot like me?"

Long story short, Archer had gotten a hold of my phone.

I quickly wrapped myself in a towel and hurried to my room. I plopped down on my bed and answered my phone without bothering to look to see who was calling.

"Talk to me." I answered.

"Gemma Conners?" A raspy voice asked.

"Yes...who is this?" I pulled my phone away from my ear to look down at the number but didn't recognize it.

When I put the phone back to my ear there was a laugh on the other line before the voice answered. "I'm a friend of yours. I just thought I'd call to check up on you and to say I hope you have fun on your trip tomorrow. Hopefully we'll see each other soon."

Then the line went dead.

What the hell?!

My heart was pounding as I frowned down at my phone before placing it on my night stand.

This was all I needed.

I tried to calm my racing heart. It was probably just one of the boys from my school. Everyone already knew about the subway incident and some of the boys at my school were extremely childish so they were probably just trying to freak me out.

Too bad it worked.

I quickly changed into my pajama shorts and a t-shirt before climbing under my covers.

As I laid there I contemplated going and telling my parents about the phone call but eventually decided against it. If I told them they'd just freak out even more and I'd end up spending my senior trip at home. So instead I just tried to put the phone call out of my mind and eventually fell asleep.

***

"Are you sure you have everything?" My mom asked yet again.

"Mom I'm sure. We checked, double checked and then tripled checked. I have everything."

I was currently sitting in the backseat of my parents Jeep in the parking garage of JFK International Airport.

I opened the door and went around the back to grab my suitcase from the trunk. Once I had it I hurried to the front of the car and waited for my parents to get out.

I was a little bummed that my little brother, Aiden wasn't here. My mom had dropped him off at my grandparent's house yesterday morning since they had been dying to see him so I wasn't able to see him before I left.

"You ready?" My dad asked as he got out of the car.

I smiled and nodded. I was beyond ready.

"Alright then let's go."

My dad offered to grab my suitcase and I let him.

Once inside the airport I instantly spotted most of my senior class and one blond in particular came rushing towards me.

"Gemma!" Megan squealed before crushing me in a hug.

I laughed before untangling myself from her.

"It's good to see you too." I said with a smile.

"Oh my gosh I'm so excited! Can you believe it? Hawaii! We're going to Hawaii! I've always wanted to go to Hawaii. I read once that—"

"Megan!" I yelled, cutting her off.

"Hmm?"

"Breathe."

Megan took a deep breath and then exhaled.

"Sorry I'm just really excited." She said with a huge smile on her face.

"Well it seems like you're all set here." My dad said.

I turned to look at both him and my mom and went to give them both hugs.

"Be safe okay?" My mom said after kissing me on the forehead.

"Mom, people are looking." I mumbled as I heard a few snickers from my class.

"Let them look. I'm savoring my last few moments with my baby before she leaves for Hawaii."

To surprise my mom actually had tears in her eyes.

I hugged her again.

"Mom I'm only going to be gone for a week."

"I know but it's going to seem like forever."

I let my mom gush over me for a few more minutes before my dad finally cut in.

"Alright Sue that's enough. Let her go be with her friends."

My mom didn't look too happy about it but after a few more "Be safes" and a promise to call her everyday she let me go and I joined Megan and the rest of my class.

I was talking with Megan and her boyfriend Blake as we waited to get all our bags and tickets checked when I suddenly felt an arm snake around my waist and pull me back against a hard chest.

I tilted my head up to see Archer smiling down at me.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Really?" Megan asked.

I turned to look back at her with a frown.

"What?"

"You two have been dating for like six months now and that's how you greet each other. Just...hey? Gemma I thought I taught you better than that. Go ahead and swallow his face."

I felt my face burn. "Megan!"

"What? You know you want to. Are you shy? Do you want me to turn around?"

I turned around and buried my face in Archer's shirt.

"I need a new best friend." I mumbled into his shirt.

I felt him laugh before Megan started talking again.

"There you go, now all you have to do is reach up and BOOM! You two have yourselves a face sandwich."

Oh. My. Goodness.

Archer leaned down so his mouth was near my ear. "I say we give her what she wants. I've never been one to disappoint. " He whispered, his breath fanning my ear and sending shivers through my body.

I was about to reply but the voice of Mr. Frazier, our History teacher interupted.

"Alright everybody, all the bags are checked in. Make sure you have your tickets and follow me."

"Guess we'll finish this conversation later." Archer said with a smug smile.

"Indeed." Megan said with a cheeky smile sent my way.

I groaned.

How was I going to survive a week with these two?