.07

APRIL?"

APRIL?"

Thirty minutes later, everyone had disappeared off to some super-secret Avengers meeting that Spencer obviously had not been invited to. She was attempting (and failing) to find her way back to her room when her phone buzzed.

"Hey, Spence," April greeted in a cheery voice Spencer wasn't expecting. It all made sense when she added, "I'm going to kill you," to the end of her sentence.

Spencer raked her free hand through her hair, already preparing a whole speech for April, who had heard her frantic voicemail from the night before.

"It' not my fault!" Spencer defended in a hushed whispered, clutching the phone tighter to her ear. "I had no clue-"

"You're out hanging with the Avengers and I'm taking double shifts at the freaking Fro-Yo place-"

"It's a lot worse than it sounds, I promise- "

"Bruce Banner is boring, April, I promise! I swear I'm gonna steal all your clothes-"

"April-"

"You're never seeing that NASA hoodie again-"

"April!"

"Okay." A pause. "That's out of my system. Now, I want a full recap, please."

And so Spencer gave her best friend what she wanted. She left out most real names, of course, and traded them in Superhero personas. She went through the visit from Tony Stark and then her dad dragging her to the compound and then seeing actual live superheroes - and their weird comments about her dad and being angry? And she talked about how she was definitely missing something, and she thought her mom knew, too, but everything was like a half answered question and Spencer Banner was lost.

She had finished telling the entire story to her equally awe-struck and annoyed friend, she there was a flash of something down the hallway.

April started with a sigh, "Honestly, Spence-"

Spencer blinked into the darkness. "I-" she said into the phone, stepping down the hall carefully, cautiously.

"Spencer? Are you still there?"

Spencer nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw a figure rush in between blinks, and she quickly said into the phone, "Gotta go."

Her hand fell limply at her side as she peered down the hall.

She nearly let out a scream when Pietro Maximoff stood in front of her, smirking.

She didn't expect him here - she didn't expect anyone here. In the thirty minutes that she had spent alone, there had been no one in sight as she moved down hallways.

Spencer was probably lost, to be honest, but somehow Pietro had managed to find her.

He glanced around the vacant hallway, down at her phone, and then looked at Spencer, asking, "Selling our secrets already?"