3.4

a/n : alright this is the last chapter before the epilogue. thank you so much for letting me be ur guys bestie

please comment, vote, and react!

✰✰✰

A WEEK LATER.

Spencer Banner is back in the Avengers Compound.

The news had slowed down, mostly. The only information that had leaked was minor rumors of a Hulk-like variation, and it was somehow connected to the name Banner.

To most people, that meant nothing.

To April, supposed best friend of Spencer Banner, who knew Dr.Banner worked with the Avengers? That meant a little more than nothing.

That's why, at 9 AM on a Saturday morning, Spencer was staring down at her phone. She had been ignoring texts and calls for months now, and she was completely and utterly overwhelmed with the idea of answering it.

Not that April should be mad. Okay, maybe a little, but she had to understand what Spencer was going through, right? It had been hell. For months.

She should get that, she has had her own share of family issues. She'd get it.

Spencer hoped. But the other part of her was a little more doubtful; hence, Spencer Rebecca Banner staring at her phone for the last 30 minutes.

Something in her snapped. She shouldn't be nervous, or scared - she can do this. She had a reason, and she can explain it and... April is her best friend. Her best friend should understand.

Her fingers are working before her mind could doubt her, and the phone is pressed against Spencer's ear, the sound of the dial flipping her stomach.

It stopped, and Spencer swore her heart skipped.

"Who is this?"

"Hey, April," Spencer said, softly, careful. "It's Spencer."

"Oh, I know it's Spencer," April responded, icely. "I mean, who the fuck do you think you are?"

Spencer froze.

There's a shuffle on the other side of the line. "I mean, you go completely offline for what? Two months? Three? And then I hear on the news-"

Spencer flinched.

"That there's a Hulk child," she stated, harshly. Her voice is pretty much acid, now, and Spencer can feel a burning on her skin. "And that she's coincidentally related to someone with the name Banner."