1.6

a/n : okay y'all are out here reading I see you I see you

please vote, comment, and react!

✰✰✰

SPENCER IS TRYING TO BE SOCIAL.

She really is, and yes, it's surprising! Very surprising. Usually, Spencer is the kind of person to hide from social interactions - hence, her phone being shut off practically all the time. But over the last few days, Spencer has come to enjoy the company of at least one of the twins and Peter. They're fun and funny and not usually bullying her.

And Spencer really enjoys being around other people, for once. Half of her thinks it's a new phase in her personality while the other half is convinced she just doesn't want to seem sketchy and alone.

Either way, Spencer is failing at being social.

She doesn't really get it? She'd been doing so well the past couple of days, but she just couldn't find Wanda or Peter or even Pietro. It's like they've gone missing or...

No. They wouldn't go anywhere without Spencer. Right? They brought her out to the city, after all, it's not like - enough. She's seen a blur inside of one of the most secluded labs, and Spencer broke into a run, reaching forward to yank the door open.

Peter nearly dropped the vial in his hand.

"Spencer!" he exclaimed, fumbling. "You scared me-"

"Oh, I'm sorry," Spencer responded immediately, swallowing hard. Maybe she was becoming a little too dependent on these people's company.

"No, no it's fine," Peter promised, setting the glass down on the table. "Um, what's up?"

Spencer hesitates because she doesn't know what to say.

"Well, I-I was just wondering where everyone was," she said, almost mumbling, and not daring to get away from the door frame. She was practically wrapping herself around it. "I didn't see you guys this morning."

The room got quiet. Worse than quiet, actually - silent. And Spencer thinks it's because of her immediately.

"Right, nevermind," she said, pulling away until Peter called out for her to stop.

"It's just," he stated, but stopped, and stared. "They're supposed to be back now. Your dad, Tony, Clint."

Spencer thought about this for a second. He's right because they were supposed to be back. Bruce called her last night to explain the same thing.

And Peter caved. "It's a bad day for them," he confessed. "For Wanda and Pietro - it's the day their parents died back in Sokovia, and usually, Clint's here to spend the day-"