2.8

a/n : next 2 chapters will be short, but updated pretty rapidly. enjoy!

 enjoy!

✰✰✰

GIVE SPENCER A GOOD WEEK, AND SHE'LL GIVE YOU A HOSTAGE SITUATION THE NEXT.

No, seriously.

It's like the universe has some timer dedicated specifically to Spencer Banner's life, and it starts ticking right when things get good, and just as she's comfortable - RING! Game over. She's getting kidnapped on the Avenger's Compound 3-mile track.

And it's just her luck, honestly. The universe must have it out for Spencer, because how else does a person get kidnapped outside of the Avengers Compound. One of the safest places in the world.

Spencer didn't even realize what was happening, at first. She was jogging along the path, letting her mind drift over to how Pietro promised to help her with her punches, and she didn't even notice the figure hiding out in the trees. She didn't even notice anything wrong until there was a prick against her skin, and her whole body went limp and her mind...blank.

She noticed something was wrong, however, when she woke up in a rusting cell. It was freezing, and the moment she came to consciousness, Spencer was curling in on herself to conserve heat.

Her mind was still hazy, and the fear Spencer was starting to feel wasn't helping, at all. It took her a few moments to force herself to focus on the situation in front of her.

It was cold. She's in a cell. There are noises in the distance - Spencer strained to hear it, but she knew it wasn't English, it... Russian.

Spencer wasn't in Russia. Correction - Spencer shouldn't be in Russian.

It took a moment, but as the noises began to reach her ears, Spencer started to realize that those voices weren't talking. They were screaming. It sounded...painful.

✰✰✰

BRUCE IS WALKING FROM THE RESIDENTIAL WING, FROWNING.

He was already 15 minutes late to a meeting with Tony and a few others, and despite checking every place he had seen his daughter enjoy, he had yet to find her.

"Bruce? Bruce, hey," Natasha called out jogging to catch up with the man who was walking considerably quickly. Natasha assessed his expression. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Bruce brushed off with a shake of his head. "I just can't find Spencer anywhere."

"Wait, wait, slow down," Natasha told him, her hands holding his arms in place and trying to match his eyes. "Have you checked with the twins?" she suggested. "She's been with them a lot, lately."