3: An Unlikely Hero

Hi guys! I just want to tell everyone that this chapter does have a warning on it because it deals with somethings that some of you may find triggering. Either way, I hope you all enjoy!

I threw my essentials into my brown purse, scrambling to leave.

"C'mon Ella!" my friend Lucy shouted knocking hard on the outside door.

"Sorry!" I said pulling my flats over my feet and threw it open in a rush.

Lucy jumped back a little, for she was rather startled at the force I had used with the wooden object.

We walked for what seemed to be hours and barely noticed the sun going down over the trees. Lucy and I scurried across the street in a rush and approached the fair sized building on the corner of the road.  As we stepped in the smell of liquor ingulfed us. It was a crowded club, filled with all sorts of people, many drunk. Squeezing through, Lucy and I made our way to the bar and quickly ordered some drinks. We sat on the brown stools and enjoyed the moment. 

Not everyday was like this, most days I just sat home, but with Lucy there was never a dull moment. Lucy was fearless and fiery but could pretend to be an innocent young lady at moments notice. Lucy was beautiful, all the boys wanted her. Her light brown hair rested just below her collar bone and her green eyes shone brighter than the moon. Her violet party dress looked perfect on her and fit just right. Before the night was over I wouldn't be surprised if she caught the eye of more than a dozen guys, but it never bothered her. That was something that inspired me the most about Lucy, how she didn't care. I knew she realized that the men were staring but she would play off as though she didn't seem them. For her this was normal, for me it was not.

The sound of jazz filled my ears, I couldn't wait until it was over.  Lucy had escaped to the bathroom to touch up her makeup so I sat alone. I fiddled with my earrings in a daze until I was pulled away suddenly. Whisked off the stool I felt helpless and spun around to reveal a middle aged man standing uncomfortably close. He was obviously drunk and the smell of him was repulsive. I tried to back away but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me in tight.

"Hello little lady," he spoke slurring his words "care to dance?"

"Oh I really shouldn't, sorry." I said trying to walk away once more.

 He chuckled grabbing my dress with a firm grip "Oh no, I wasn't asking."

There was no letting go of him since he was the one who had ahold of me. He threw his hand around my waist and stumbled trying to dance in time with the music. I could see the intense, menacing look in his eyes and I knew he was going to try and do something if I even tried to leave the building. 

"Get off of me!" I shouted trying to free myself from his grasp.

Nobody heard me expect for him since they were all caught up in their own conversations.

"Why should I do that?"

"Because you're hurting me!" I said questioning his rudeness. "Ow!" I screeched as he slapped me hard across the face.

"Stop talkin' missy. Don't resist it."

He squeezed tighter and moved his hand down my dress. I was terrified since this had never happened before, if only Lucy were here, she would know what to do. I couldn't breath at this point but he didn't care. Tears streamed down my cheeks and still nobody noticed. 

"Hey!" An unfamiliar voice called out "Watcha trying to do to her?"

The drunk man spoke in gibberish as if the voice could understand.