Snape or Snake? Pt1

"Harry. Harry Jamesss. Harry Jamessss Potter." A hiss crept around a dark room.

Of course to the three occupants of the room it was nothing more than a hiss. An annoying hiss that wouldn't stop. Or at least that was Lucius' point of view.

"Would someone find that thing and kill it!" Lucius shouted having had enough of the blasted hissing.

The snake crept up to where Lucius sat with Severus Snape and Draco Malfoy. Draco was of course was protecting it from his father. He didn't know why but he knew the snake should not get hurt. Snape just sat there amused at Lucius' annoyed expression and Draco's oddly protectiveness of the snake.

"Maybe it's trying to talk to you Luc." Snape joked, but the snake had understood him and thought that he could understand it.

"Are you a ssssspeaker too? Ohhh Masssster would be pleassssed." The snake hissed as it perked up it's head, but Snape didn't respond.

"It is trying to speak." Draco said noticing how the snake had reacted. "Unfortunately none of us can understand what it is saying."

"Well then it should just shut up. Draco move so I can deal with the pest." Lucius frowned.

"No dad. It's not an ordinary snake. Can you not feel it's magical presence?" Draco responded crossing his arms over his chest.

The snake curled itself into Draco's lap pleased that someone besides its master understood that it was important. Draco was shocked at first, but allowed the snake to laze in his lap. Lucius and Snape shared a look of suspicion before looking at Draco again. Something was happening but none of them knew what that was... yet.

*~*~*~*

"DRACO LUCIUS MALFOY! If that thing doesn't stop it's annoying hissing I will Avada it." Lucius had been trying to read some of his notes.

Snape, Draco and Lucius had taken the snake back with them since it was a magical creature. They were taking care of it for the time being, while trying to find its master, but to no avail. Now it was just getting restless. Unusually so, for the past two weeks it hadn't done much except eat and sleep. On occasion it would hiss to get attention from Draco. Now was a different story though.

About three days prior the three of them had lost the snake. Or that's what they had thought. They didn't know it had gone to see its master. Its master didn't know that it had seen the horrible conditions he was living in. So the snake was angry. Angry no one could understand it. Angry it couldn't bond with its master like it was supposed to. Angry that its master was in such an awful situation and that it couldn't do anything. Angry that life had to so cruel as to prevent it from fulfilling its duties.

It had taken a liking to Draco since he was meant to love its master. But Draco could not hope to understand it just yet. They had to bond. That could only be done after the sake bonded with its master.

"Dad you can't!" Draco panicked picking up the snake. "I don't know what's wrong with it. I don't know why it's being like this."

"Lucius Darling, why don't you floo Severus over maybe he can help." Narcissa suggested.

She didn't want to see Draco, her baby boy, upset. She too was getting a little annoyed by the insistent hiss of the snake. Draco wouldn't allow any of them to touch the snake though. It had taken a while for Lucius to convince Draco to put the snake into the container they bought for it.

Moments later Snape glided into the Library where everyone was sitting. "You flooed?"

"Make it stop." Was all Lucius said before pointing at the container with the unhappy snake.