-----------------------------

    "I'm sorry about my brother and mom." I said to Sapph once Lee left and Mom stopped coming to 'check up on us' every five seconds. Sapphire smiled.
"Don't be. They're fun to be with. You're really lucky."
I hissed.
"They're annoying....but yeah, I guess I am lucky."
We went through the lines and even practiced with props using the couch for the ship and Lee's coffee mugs for beer pints. We plopped down on the couch as we ended the final scene. Sapphire grinned at me as she set her mug down.
"That was a lot of fun." she giggled, "I can't believe you turned Othello into a Caribbean pirate. He's a French monarch!"
I shrugged, smiling at her.
"Hey, I was improvising. Don't tell me it didn't at least put in some flair into our play. It makes ours an original."
"I can't believe you, Jefferson Adelanwa, the boy who's always with a straight face, can actually make fun of a school assignment."
I gave her a mock shocked look.
"Me? I'm as fun and funny as a clown fish."
She threw her head back and laughed. She had a nice laugh, it sounded like tiny bells. The ones people rang during Christmas. The ones that made that cute jingling sound.
"Oh Jeff, you're killing me." Her laughter died as she glanced at the wall clock.
"OMG, it's almost four. I should be going. Maybe we can practice our lines again during lunch break tomorrow?"
"Sure. Let me escort you to the junction so you can get a bike or cab."
She smiled again.
"Thanks."
We walked out of the house, I helped her carry her backpack and we talked and walked. To be honest, I thought Sapph would be this crazy stalker girl that just stares at you like she could eat you alive, but she was actually quite cool and I could carry on a good conversation with her. We talked about school; which was her mainly filling me in on the latest gossip. We talked about celebrities and weird memes we've seen on Twitter.
"That Mbah man has suffered in this life." she said, laughing hard. I was laughing as well. Not because of the meme she showed me, but because she was laughing. We got to the junction and tried waving down a motorcycle but it seemed they were either privately owned or they 'weren't going our way'.
"All these okada men will just be doing anyhow. When you need them, they will be shunning you. When you don't need them, they'll be calling you like as if no o, they will carry you for free."
I chuckled and she sent me a glare which made me laugh.
"God, your facial expressions are so comical." I said, between laughs. She tried glaring at me again but broke into a shy smile.
"Lemme joor."
I chuckled and waved down an oncoming bike. The bike man stopped, he was a thin dark man with a bushy black beard and equalky bushy hair. He wore a thick cheap black parka despite the heat, a pair of brown trousers and a pair of green flipflops.
"Where you dey go?"
"Bankole street, for East."
"Oya na. Two hundred Naira."
Was this guy serious? That's like way more than the normal price.
"Ah ahn, for wetin? Fifty Naira jare."
"You know say those police man go dey for that side. Them go bill me na. I no even suppose dey ride okada for this place. You no say here na estate, but wetin man go do? Na him wey dey hustle, go chop. Oya pay one-fifty."
Sapph groaned and stomped her foot.
"It's only fifty Naira I have na. Oga please. Oya carry me go border. Abeg."
I frowned.
"And how will you get home? The border is really far from your place."
She shrugged.
"I'll leg it ni."
I felt my pockets for any extra cash. I obviously couldn't let her walk all the way to her place for the West-East border. That was like walking from the Mainland to the Island. I felt some money in my backpocket and pulled it out. I had five hundred Naira with me and I handed it to Sapphire.
"What's this for?" she asked, eyeing the money warily. I rolled my eyes.
"Use this to get to yout place. And maybe buy an ice cream on the way."
"Jeff, I-"
"I won't have you walking all the way there. You'll fall sick."
She laughed and took the money. The bike man started the motorcycle and she got on it.
"See you tomorrow, partner."
"See you tomorrow. Partner." I replied, giving her a mock salute. She held on to the bike man as they drove off. I walked back home and found Mom all dressed up in a pink floral chiffon shirt, a pair of skinny jeans and black flats.
"Is your friend gone already?"
I smiled a little.
"Yes Mom. And she's not my friend. We barely know each other."
Mom's brows furrowed.
"Really? But she mentioned a significant lot about you. Like how your favorite colour is white because all your shirts are white. And how your favorite food is plantain and stew because she sees your face light up everytime I make it for you for lunch. Also how you like things arranged in the exact same way you have in your head and how you brood when things don't go according to plan. And how that one time you tripped and bruised your knee. Remember that time? It was your first day of school."
I remembered. But I didn't trip. Diana pushed me down the stairs cos I had bumped into her accidentally. I lied to Mom cos I didn't want her to get worried and withdraw me on my first day. I had no idea anyone saw that. There was no one there. Everyone else had gone home and I had forgotten my pencil in the classroom.
"Yeah. I remember Mom." I said. I glanced at the clock, it was almost four.
"I should go get ready for the evening." I said, then walked past her to my room. I quietly locked the door and sat on my bed. Everything in my room was white. My walls were pristine white, so were my bed sheets, ny blankets, my pillows, my drawer, everything! My favorite food really was plantain and stew. And I most definitely hate it when things don't go as I've planned. I sighed, slumping my shoulders. Did she really know me that well? What else did she know about me? How long has she been observing me?
"Jefferson! Your brother is already here, let's go!"
I sighed again, got to my feet and picked out my outfit.

Yayy! New chapter!
Thanks to all my readers out there! Hope you guys are staying safe during quarantine.
    How many of you love plantain and stew? Yum, soooo good. But you know what else I love?
Ships!
Yup. Ships!
How many of you are shipping Sapph and Jeffy right now?
How many of you ship Gazelle and Jeffy?
How many of you ship Diana and Jeffy?
Rita:- Me! Me! Me! I do! I do! I do!
Who else do you guys ship? Let me know in the comments.
You guys are the best! Don't forget to vote, share and comment. You can also follow me! I follow back, honest.
Till next time.
Love y'all❤