Chapter 3- TURN BACK!

The wind is pulling hairs out of my hairtye, and this helmet is annoying tbe skin on my chin. There's an unfamiliar ring in my ears, and each turn makes my stomach churn.

"Why don't you have an actual vehicle ?" I ask over the wind.

"Because, I like to eat bugs? Why else?"

"Gross! That's sickening." I reply, quite disgusted by the image of it.

"Hey Beautiful, it was a joke." He laughed, but I didn't have time to process the rest of the words after he called me Beautiful. No one's ever called me beautiful in that way before. It made me feel an extremely uncomfortable way, but I gripped on his waist tighter.

"So do you have any siblings?" I ask, trying to clear the air.

"Psttt! Which one?"

"Huh?"

"I have a lot, some of them I haven't met."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's cool." He shrugs, passing the High School.

"Umm, you missed the turn??" I state. No reply. I guess he didn't hear me so, I repeat myself, still no reply. So I shout it.

"Dang Beautiful! I heard you." He finally replies.

"What do you mean? Did you not see the turn?? And stop calling me that."

"I did-" He paused only to end with "Beautiful."

"So you didn't turn on purpose?"

"Okay, so maybe I told a bit of a white lie.Morgan never told me to pick you up. I just heard her on the phone when I was stopped at a stoplight this morning."

"Oh my gosh, you're such a stalker! I should have know she would never talk to you." I punch him in the back.

"Stop it! You'll make us wreck, and I paid good money for this baby."

"Like what, twenty dollars!? I wouldn't even spend that on this pile of junk!"

"HEY! She heard that, and she happens to have your safety in her hands right now. Thank you very much-"

"Is that a threat!? I demand you take me to back, turn back! You're insane, James!"

"Nope."

"What did you just say to me?!"

"I said No." He grinned.

"Turn back!Now!" I demand.

"I heard you, and I said no-"

"Why!"

"Beautiful, you've never lived a day in your life but, today you will. You're going to live for once."

"Excuse me? I have too lived, I've lived a great life so far and I plan on keep living it, but I won't if you don't turn around, RIGHT now. My life is none of your concern anyways-" I argue.

"No can do, besides you'll think me later-" He turned and winked at me.

"You must hate me, you must really hate me. You're messing up my schedule.!"

"Like I just stated... you'll thank me later-" He turned the volume up to his radio.

"Doubtful-"