:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Four

Start from the beginning

            “Way to take charge, Vivi!” Joel cheered, elbowing his friend in the shoulder.

            Vincent jammed his elbow back at Joel with enough force to make him have to stagger back a few steps back. I figured that if Vincent had one that to a human, every bone close to the hit point would be broken. The thought scared me. What would happen to me if one of the vampires got violent?

            “Can you walk by yourself?” Sebastian asked and I felt him remove his hand from me. “I know you don’t like us touching you.”

            I blinked in surprise. I totally forgot Sebastian was touching me this whole time! How did I manage that? Finally his question processed in my mind and I nodded my head vigorously, making the room spin momentarily again. “I can walk by myself.”

            “Then let’s go,” Vincent growled and started walking down the hallway again. “I want to get this over and done with.”

            “I believe they are in the lounge,” Sebastian told Vincent. “At least that’s where they were the last time I saw them.”

            Vincent didn’t respond, but took a sudden right turn. I felt like I was being herded like cattle. Joel was behind me, and Vincent and Sebastian were on either side of me, making sure I kept up with them. Not that I was planning to runaway. Who knew who and what were in this house? I didn’t want to take any chances and end up killed by running amuck. As much as I hated to admit it, I actually felt safe having Sebastian around.

            When we arrived at what I assumed to be the lounge Vincent glanced at Sebastian, who nodded, before opening the door. Vincent went in first, followed by Joel. Finally, Sebastian urged me in with a light push to my back. I flinched away from his touch and stumbled into the room, looking up and coming face-to-butt with Vincent. Immediately I erected myself, blushing slightly. But as soon as I was straight again, Joel pushed me into a deep bow, and then bowed deeply himself.

            “Good evening, your majesty,” he greeted before letting me stand straight again. I couldn’t see anything besides Vincent’s back.

            “Vivi,” a woman’s voice started, sounding very surprised. “What—”

            “I have a problem,” I heard Vincent tell the woman who had spoke first.

            Curious, I poked my head around Vincent and my eyes landed on a stunningly beautiful woman. She had long, curly brunette hair and the same piercing sapphire eyes as Vincent. Her face was heart-shaped and she had pale, flawless skin. Her beauty almost took the breath away from me. I thought it was only in cheesy vampire novels that vampires were so beautiful.

            “This wouldn’t happen to be your problem, would it?” the beautiful woman asked, her eyes flickering to me for a moment.

            “It would.”

            “Do I want to know…?”

            “No,” Vincent responded honestly.

            “But she’s causing quite a problem,” Sebastian interjected, frowning at the woman. “I’ll let Vince explain.”

             “Vivi?”

            Vincent sighed in irritation, grabbing my arm and pulling me in front of him. “I drank from this human last night and when I tried to erase her memory, it didn’t work. Joel and Sebastian tried as well, and yet she still has her memory.”