:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Two

“Vivi, what have you done?”

“I haven’t done anything!”

“Why is there a human girl in the back seat then?”

“What girl?”

“Vivi!”

“Stop calling me that!”

“Answer me!”

My head pounded uncomfortably as voices filled my ears. I clenched my jaw in pain as the throbbing continued to cause me discomfort. The quiet hum of an engine told me I was in a car, and the gentle bumps every now and then told me I was in a moving car. Weariness swept over me and I had to fight the urge to go back to sleep. As tired as I was, I had to figure out whom these voices belonged to and why I was in a car. It hurt, but after a few moments I was able to force open my eyes.

A young man with pale blonde hair and chocolate colored eyes was staring back at me. I inhaled sharply in surprise, quickly sitting up in my seat. A wave of nausea washed over me, and I brought a hand up to my mouth, feeling as though I was going to be sick. The blonde blinked at me, narrowing his brown eyes.

“You okay?”

“Who are you?” I demanded, suddenly alert. I looked out the window and realized I couldn’t see anything but a black forest whizzing by. “Where am I?”

“I’m Joel,” the blonde responded, pointing to himself. “And you’re in a car.”

“Thanks for pointing out the obvious,” I snapped, not in the mood for sarcasm. “Why am I here?”

“Well, Vivi randomly brought you to the car and threw you in the back… I’m curious as to why you are here too.”

“Who’s Vivi?”

“My name isn’t Vivi,” a smooth voice commented from the driver’s seat. “And I couldn’t just leave her there.”

My eyes snapped to the man who had spoken. He glanced at me through the rearview mirror. Piercing blue eyes met my gaze and I felt my heart skip a beat. Memories from earlier suddenly flooded my mind. The school, the bloody girl, his fangs

“V-v-vampire!” I stuttered, staring at him in horror.

“Bingo.”

Oh my god… “No… no!” I shook my head violently. “No! Vampires don’t exist!”

“Well you’re looking at two right now,” Joel said, grinning and showing his over-sized canines.

A scream escaped my lips, making the blonde jump in surprise. This was too much for me to handle. My worst nightmare was sitting in front of me! And there were two of them! I frantically grabbed the door handle of the car, shoving it as hard as I could.

“Joel!”

“Don’t worry,” Joel responded immediately, still grinning in amusement at me. “Child lock is on.”

Desperately, I attempted to open the door again. When that didn’t work I began to pound on the windows. “Let me out!” I shrieked, slamming my fist down on the glass as hard as I could. “No! No!”

“She’s quite the noisy one, isn’t she, Vivi?” Joel commented, watching me curiously.

“My name is Vincent,” the blue-eyed one snapped, his eyes flickering to Joel to give him a short glare. “Don’t call me Vivi!”

“Whatever. Can we do something about her?”

“Since she’s finally awake, yes.”

Without warning, Vincent slammed on the breaks, making me pitch forwards, off my seat. I fell to the floor of the car, landing on my wrist uncomfortably. A small groan of pain escaped my lips and I quickly pulled my wrist out from under me. The car door opened behind me and there was suddenly a rough tug on the back of my jacket, and I was yanked backwards and out of the car. A rough hand captured my wrist, preventing me from running.