5 Getting to Know You

Start from the beginning

Linzie was awe struck. She adores that smile, and he needed it. A genuine smile. She smiled back and touched his cheek gently.

He froze at her hand on his cheek. She was so beautiful. This would be such an ideal relationship. If he'd bothered in the past two months to try. He just wanted her protected though. He sighed and leaned into her touch. She deserved so much better. Someone who could give her more time.

To bad he was selfish.
She belonged to him.

" I'm going to send you over to Jayce's place earlier than myself. " She looked panicked. " Don't worry I'll be joining you. I just have to take care of some things first. Linzie it's going to be a busy few months. I want you to help her out. Esmeralda will help you as well. I'm sure even Tye will be there. " She smiled happily. He allowed her to talk to them as often as she wanted to, but seeing her friends would be different. Better, and she may even gain new ones.

" So, " he sat down on the couch with her, and shifted her to cuddle him. Why he didn't know. He wanted her comfort. She deserved his. " Mika and Jayce have decided to get married in October. About the 12th I believe. Her birthday is around the 20th. She'll be around eight months pregnant by this time, but Jayce wants to throw her another ball for her birthday. " He paused letting her take it all in.

Linzie nodded to him. She listens carefully. This was the first time he'd talked so much with her. The first time he'd held her for so long, and cuddled her.

"You will be in her wedding. She wants you there. As a bridesmaid. So far Lianna, Jason, and you are bridesmaids. Tye, myself, Carter, and Rico will be groomsmen. Sean, her father will give her away. Esme will take pictures. Minny is designing everything from table clothes, dresses, and tuxes. " He smiled a little. " After the wedding well be staying for a while. For the birthday ball. "

" Oh! " She suddenly sat up. " Oh no. I forgot to mention my birthday! " She covered her face.

Axton grumbled. " D-did I miss it?" He asked defeatedly. He hated the thought. In his mind she might not have wanted to tell him about it.

She shook her head vigriously. " N-no... It's just. My birthday is.. also.. well"

"Stop stuttering, and spit it out!" He snapped. His eyes widened. " I'm sorry. Sorry.. don't leave. Please. We were finally getting somewhere... " He mumbled.

Linzie's eyes were clouded over. He looked down as Gem looked into his soul with a silent promise to murder him if he scared her again. Her pretty green eyes regained their shimmer. " It's fine. I just had to let Gem calm me down before I ran. Reflex. " She breathed slowly, and continued. " My birthday is also on the 20th of October. " She said softly.

Axton sat there shocked for a moment. Then an devilish grin came across his lips. " Oh? Is that all?" He asked innocently. " Well then I'll inform Esmeralda! And Ricardo! " He snickered. " Your in for the best treat ever~ " He pulled her back down semi under him, and threw a small blanket over them. " Let's take a nap Linz. I'm tired. "

Like she could really deny him?

~~~~~~~

Linzie rubbed her feet. She was in pain. Not only was etiquette training hard now that she could actually participate fully, but she hadn't made any progress with Axton. Well, not much at keast. At this point she didn't know what she was supposed to do to help him except train in the packs first and foremost export. Etiquette, mannerisms, grace, elegance, and whatever else torture he had up his sleeve.

Okay, so she knew he was not trying to torture her. She'd snuck out a few times to get peeks at his pack. What she saw stunned her.

On the surface, his pack was just based Inna small town. A society of normal wolves playing the part of humans. Simple enough. Right?