Chapter 4

Welcome to chapter four! Don't assume that I proofread any of these chapters because I can't be bothered lmao
Sorry for being on hold for so long. Inspiration just wasn't hitting :(

Also, this chapter might be confusing. Italics are dreams.
———————————————

"Daaaadd! Stella stole my bear! And she hit me!" Mary screamed as she ran into the kitchen with one of Stella's toys.

"Mary you're such a liar! She started it! And I never hit her!" Stella retaliated, clearly mad.

Both Paul and Linda turned around to see their daughters fighting over toys.

"Stop it you two! Apologize to each other and come eat the peaches I cut up for you before they go all brown and icky!" Linda said motherly to the two girls.

The girls quickly apologized and went to sit down at the kitchen table.

Paul looked at them lovingly, feeling a strong sense of déjà-vu.

————

After tossing and turning for hours, Paul body finally fell into a deep sleep.

Sure, tossing and turning for hours on end isn't the best thing to be doing when you have shit to do the next day, but it seemed that Paul's brain just didn't want to turn itself off.

Paul couldn't sleep until about 3 in the morning. The best day was going to be a very busy day and he was thinking about how he was going to deal with this whole time travel thing.

First, he needed to make sure that no one knew until he figured everything out. Second, he needed to learn all the songs that he'd forgotten over the years, which is much harder to too when the songs you've forgotten haven't even crossed your mind in 50-something years! Third, he needed to find out who Win was. He stated in his note that it was just a nickname so that 'he didn't ruin the surprise'. What kind of nickname is Win, anyways?

————
(Reminder, italics are dreams)

After walking around in what seemed to be an endless world of white, he came across a man meditating at a small pond.

As Paul walked closer to the man, he realized he looked strikingly familiar.

"John?" Paul asked confused.

"Yeah it's me! I don't have much time to chat since you still have more dreams to have tonight!" John replied.

"Dreams? I'm dreaming right now? I thought you were dead? I've missed you so much!" Paul cried out, attacking him in a hug as John stood up.

"Yeah, Yeah, I know. I've been watching you all this time, y'know. My higher-ups qre gonna check in on me soon so I need to tell you something! You need to trust the man in the notes! I've been in contact with him and he's trying something out that you need to follow. He just needs more time-
Shit... They're coming back. Talk later, have a fun next dream!" He winked before he disappeared.

Paul sat down and looked into the vast whiteness while he thought about what just happened. According to John, he was in a dream? How confusing...

And why was he acting so weird?

He could feel the dream start to fade, but right before everything vanished, John came back for a quick visit.

"Oh and I've missed you, y'know. It's sure been so boring up here! Sure, I have George and Eppy, Mimi and uncle George, Julia too, of course. But it's just not the same without you. And I'm sorry for how things ended. G'bye, luv."