Chapter 1

Sophia walks into the school building with her sister Abigail at her side. "Are you going to that bonfire later on?" She asks.

"No, i have schoolwork i need to catch up on" Sophia runs her fingers through her hair.

"Oh come on, it's the first party anyone is throwing in 3 months, you can catch up on your homework tomorrow"

"I'll think about it." They turn the corner and Sophia knocked into someone "sorr-" she stops when she Notices who it is standing infront of her, Elijah.

Her And Elijah have never got along, They've hated each other ever since middle school. Elijah has always picked on her for no reason or just to look tough in front of his other friends.

"Watch where you're going" He brushes past her.

"No one told you to get in my way" Sophia rolls her eyes and continues walking.

"Why do you guys hate eachother so much?" Abigail asks with a laugh.

"He's annoying as fuck."

"Yall might as well just make up and fuck"

"Ew, never" Sofia makes a disgusted face and they both laugh.

They walk to their first period class, science.

They take their seats all the way in the back of the classroom when the teacher walks in.

"Goodmorning class"

"Goodmorning ms. Garcia" Everyone replies.

"So today I'm gonna be setting you guys up with partners for a science project, I want you guys to work together to make the best project, the top 2 students will get bought pizza"

"Me and you partners" Abigail grabs Sophia arm.

"No" Ms. Garcia walks over to them "I will be assigning the partners"

Abigail sucks her teeth and rolls her eyes "Abigail is there something you wanna say?" Ms. Garcia stares at her.

"No."

"Okay then" Ms. Garcia walks off "robbie and Tiana you two will be partners, Abigail and benze you two will be partners, Michael and Tyler you two will be partners" She stops reading on the list when she Notices no one getting up and moving "let's go, move to your assigned partners" they stand walking to their partners.

"Rayna and Tom you two will be partners, Rachel and John you two will be partners and lastly Sophia and Elijah you two will be partners"

Sophia looks across the room to Elijah who is waving and smiling at her. "I can't switch partners?"

"No you can't switch partners"

"Ugh fine" Sophia stands walking over to Elijah sitting down next to him.

"I'm gonna let you guys talk for 20 minutes to think about what you're gonna do, start" Ms. Garcia walks over to her table and sits down.

"So what do you have in mind?" Elijah asks.

Sophia ignores him and puts her headphones in and begins listening to music. He pulls the headphones out her ears "hey, I'm talking to you"

"Leave me alone" she snatches her headphones back.

"I don't wanna work with you either but we have to"

"Good to know" She puts her headphones back in. He watches her for a few seconds then gets on his phone. She ignores him for the rest of the time in the class then gets ready to leave.

"This is the worst" Abigail says.

"Hey, I'll rather be with benze than be with Elijah" They leave the class and begins walking to their second period class.

"Maybe this will be a good thing, you two might stop hating eachother"

"I don't care about him, fuck him."

"Whatever you say"

**********************

Sophia and Abigail are walking home after school when she hears someone calling her name. "Hey sophia!" She turns around to see Elijah running up to her.

"Keep walking" Sophia grabs Abigail arm pulling her as she begins walking faster.

"Hey Sophia" He runs up to her side "I know you heard me calling you"

"I did I just didn't care." She continues walking.

"Hey Abigail" he smiles at her.

"Hey Elijah" she smiles back.

"Anyways, I don't care what type of hate you got for me, I could care less, all I care about is getting a good grade on this project so we need to work together, you should let me come over later or you come to my house so we can get started"

"Can't tonight, I have a party I'm going to with my sister"

"You're talking about the bonfire?"

"Yes why?"

"Oh so I might as well go too then, see you there" He walks off.

"Great, now he's going to the party" Sophia rolls her eyes.

"Just ignore him, don't pay attention to him"

"Okay."