What was Greyson doing to me?

The door to the diner opened and in walked the boy who was the reason why my feelings were in such a turmoil. His eyes searched the diner and when they landed on me, he had a smirk on his face. Even from where I was sitting, I could see his eyes twinkling with mischief and dare I say, a slight hint of anger. 

Well, there goes my chance of escaping. 

He walked to our table and plopped down next to me, close enough for him to brush his arm against mine and for me to feel the heat from his body. 

Caleb and Greyson did their bro-handshake, and Caleb introduced him to Jacob. When Greyson wasn't looking, Jacob would childishly wiggle his eyebrows at me. I swear he acted like a 11-year-old most of time.

"Thanks for the help yesterday." Caleb said breaking the slight awkward silence. 

Before anyone could get a word in, Jacob opened his big fat mouth, "So, how was yesterday night? We heard that the rain caught the both of you, but Lizzy here—" He said, aiming his pointer finger at me dramatically. "—refuses to tell us anything more and I know that where Liz is concerned nothing cannot happen, so please satisfy my curiosity." 

It seems like Jacob wanted to be buried alive, on the other hand his twin rolled his eyes at his stupidity. 

Greyson looked smugly at me, "We just went to get food and she raided my fridge too, safe to say you can eat." He aimed the ending at me while Jacob nodded in agreement and Caleb let out a loud laugh. "Other than that, she was a real princess." What?

Sensing my anger, Caleb steered the conversation onto something meaningless while Jacob fought hard not to laugh. The three of them conversed as if they had known each other for years, which was quite weird and funny to see. I gave my input whenever it was needed, but remained quiet the rest of the time. I could see that Jacob was getting along with Greyson; they did share a brain cell though which wasn't surprising.

"I guess it's time we go." Caleb said looking at the time on his phone.

Jacob and Greyson stood up and walked away, still engrossed their intense talk about what was better; French Fries or Nuggets. Personally, I leaned towards French Fries more, but I never discriminate between food and hence would eat both of them happily. 

"Lizzy, you feeling okay? You've been quiet after you came back from Greyson's. Did something happen between the two of you?" Caleb asked me, once the two of them were out of hearing range.

"No, he didn't do anything to me, Caleb. I just didn't get enough sleep, so I'm low on energy." I gave him a small smile to make it seem convincing. He didn't believe me.

"Cal, I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about." I assured.

"You know you can talk to Jacob or me about anything, right?"

I hugged him, catching him off guard and mumbled into his shirt, "Yeah, I know. How could I have the audacity to talk to anyone except the both of you?" He laughed. "Thank you for asking."

Caleb cared, but he had a hard time showing it. Breaking away from the hug, Caleb said, "Let's go before that idiot drags Greyson into doing shit."

I let out a chuckle because I knew Jacob was notorious at doing dumb shit and somehow convincing you that it was a good idea too. Exiting the diner, we saw the two of them standing next to Caleb's car and thankfully not doing anything stupid. 

Jacob's back was facing us, and I could feel Greyson's eyes on me. He had a questioning look on his face, probably wondering why Caleb wanted to talk alone. He held my gaze, but broke it a second later, turning his attention back to Jacob who was talking.

I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I greedily tried to take in everything about him. He was wearing black boots matching his black jeans, a white tight fitting shirt, unlike the one he wore at the fight. The shirt was paired with a blue jean jacket which made him look impossibly sexier. His messy mop of brown hair which usually covered his forehead was pulled back, it looked like he had been running his hands through his hair.

His face was perfect with a broad forehead, the most intense grey eyes I had ever seen, a slim nose with a defined jawline and lastly a plump set of lips which made him look like irresistible. But now he was frowning and his eyebrows were furrowed, probably as a result of what Jacob was talking about.

I was still in a daze trying to figure out the mysterious boy when his eyes snapped to me, the look in his eyes made me lose my breath and made my knees weak. Fortunately, Caleb was distracted by his phone to see this minuscule interaction between us. 

We finally reached the two of them, and I broke eye contact with Greyson, not wanting Jacob to get suspicious. He was particularly good at doing that. I could still feel Greyson's eyes burning holes into the side of my face.

Breaking the silence, Caleb sighed, "It seems Mum wants us to go over for dinner because she has some big news for us. Apparently, it's important." 

"Ugh." Jacob let out an exaggerated groan. "Do we really have to go? It's like an hour drive and I'm tired."

Slapping Jacob's arm, "She's your mother, dipshit. You have to go."

"Liz, are you coming with us?" Caleb asked me.

I didn't want to intrude, so I shook my head, "Nah, I'm in dire need of my bed, but please let Callie know that I miss her and her cooking." Callie had adopted me, figuratively speaking. She had immediately welcomed me into her family, telling me that I was the daughter she wanted, but never had. 

The twin's father abandoned Callie when he learnt that she was pregnant. His excuse was that he was too young to have children, and he didn't want to be burdened with taking care of a child. They were both in their early twenties and were in university at that time. 

Callie did everything by herself with the help of her mother who supported her right to the end. Callie was one of the strongest and sweetest person I knew. She continued to pursue her studies and became a neonatal nurse.

"I can drop her home." Greyson said.

"No." My reply was almost instantaneous. "I can catch the bus home."

"Lizzy, are you serious?" Jacob asked me in disbelief because he knew that public transport was always a last option for me. "You're literally getting a free ride home and you want to take the bus?"

Greyson was sporting a shit-eating grin because he knew that if I refuse it would seem dubious.

"Fine, I'll go with him."

Caleb nodded and walked over to his car while Greyson stepped away to answer a call. Jacob looked at me with a knowing look on his face, "I'll get you lasagna if you tell me what's happening between you and Greyson."

"Deal." I smirked back at him. "I'll tell you know once I have it in my hand." Callie's lasagna was something I would die for because it was the best thing I had ever tasted.

Before Jacob could answer, something came flying towards me, thankfully I had fast reflexes and I caught the object. It was a burner phone.

"Use that till you get a new phone, Our numbers have already been stored if you need to reach us. Oh and you're welcome. Jacob, get in the car."

"Why couldn't you give it to me like a normal person?"

"Cause you're far from normal." He said and got into the car.

Pulling me into a hug, Jacob followed him and I stood there watching them drive away. Sighing, I turned around to see Greyson standing near his car with a huge smile on his face; the passenger door was opened and he was leaning against the car, waiting for me.

I trudged to his car and got into it, ignoring him the entire time. I kept my eyes on him as he walked over to the other side of the car. When he caught me looking at him, he sent me a sly wink.

I sighed. This seemed like it was going to be fun.