Deal with a Demon: Exposed

Zacznij od początku

Hoseok suddenly had a burning desire to break the stifling atmosphere.

When Hoseok was about to act on his whim, Yoongi turned his gaze back to him and Jungkook. Yoongi regarded them with narrowed eyes, cold and calculating. "If I may ask, when is the deadline on this deal of yours?" he asked as he turned his chair slowly toward them, legs wide apart and imposing.

"End of February," Hoseok answered in Jungkook's stead because the demon was beginning to look pale in the face.

Yoongi's gaze landed on him curiously. "There's no specific day, or is it just the last day of the month?"

Hoseok faltered as he churned his mind for the missing information. "That is...undecided."

"When did Jungkook approach you?"

"Mid-December-ish."

"Since this seems to be a matter of love, I suspect you have to put up with my subordinate until Valentine's, or at least a few days afterward." Yoongi stood from the chair and approached Hoseok and Jungkook with another one of his calculating gazes. He placed his hand to where his heart would be and bowed slightly. "I apologize for his incompetence, and must ask that you leave the room as I take care of his mistake."

Hoseok was hasty to comply, dragging Jungkook out by his arm, and he maintained the long stare Yoongi gave him as the demon slowly, slowly closed the door, effectively separating them from Taehyung.

They stood there for a few short moments, adrenaline roaring through Hoseok's mind before Jungkook abruptly dragged him into an embrace. Hoseok stiffened in surprise before relaxing into Jungkook's familiar warmth and wrapping his arms tightly around Jungkook's waist.

"I was scared I wouldn't find you again," Jungkook whispered into Hoseok's shoulder, words muffled with grief and relief. Jungkook pulled away and gazed into Hoseok's eyes as their foreheads melded against one another. "You're doing okay, right?" he asked, eyes wide with worry. "Yoongi-hyung didn't do anything to you? You're not feeling the effects of Hell yet, right?"

Hoseok snorted at Jungkook's uncharacteristic fretting and brought one of his hands up to press a finger to Jungkook's lips. "I'm fine, Kook," he said gently. "Yoongi-ssi's been a fantastic host so far and has already told me I'll be fine for another couple of weeks down here." He dropped his hand down to Jungkook's, which was hanging loosely off his hip, and pulled it onto his chest. "Feel that? My heart's still beating, so I think I'm doing pretty good. Don't you think?" He offered Jungkook a crooked grin and prayed it looked reassuring.

Jungkook's eyes lingered on Hoseok's for a long beat before lowering to where Hoseok's hand clasped his. Hoseok's heart thumped steadily against his chest, sure and true, and filled in the gaps of expectant silence placidly. Finally, Jungkook tore his gaze away from Hoseok's chest and met Hoseok's eyes again, a pleasant flush blooming across his cheeks.

"You really are entertaining, Hoseokie," Jungkook said as a smile spread across his lips.

Hoseok felt his own lips twitch into a wider grin as he took in Jungkook's serene expression. He brought up his other hand and pinched Jungkook's cheek between his fingers, giving it a vicious tug. "Don't call my suffering entertaining, Kook," he said with no real heat behind his words.

Jungkook laughed and whined at the assault, smacking Hoseok's invasive hand away. "Alright, alright. I'll stop." His eyes landed on Hoseok's with a meaningful look, the blood-red of his pupil molten and dark with obvious affection.

A few moments laid between them where no words were exchanged, no actions were taken, as they yielded themselves to the utter exposure of wide, imploring gazes.