puppy pt. 2

summary: harry and louis take milky back home

i know a lot of you guys would prefer me to keep on going with "smitten kitten" but i thought i'd finish off this storyline first! another reminder that a really don't know much about puppies/pets and i'm just making this up, i'm not sure if this is actually what you're supposed to do with a new puppy

btw, if any of you were wondering, this is what i imagine milky looks like:

hope you enjoy this!

After they'd sorted out all of the paperwork, Louis was practically bursting with excitement as he hugged the pet carrier containing Milky to his chest, refusing to let Harry carry it for him. They popped by the pet store to buy a few essentials before they drove back home.

Among all of the hubbub and movement, Milky had managed to fall asleep in the pet carrier, small head tucked between her paws, and her ears twitching whenever there was a loud noise or a sudden movement. Louis was absolutely in love and watched her fondly, telling Harry to turn off the radio and stop talking so they wouldn't accidentally wake Milky up.

When they got home, Louis carried the precious cargo containing Milky into the house while Harry was tasked with carrying everything else, huffing a little in annoyance at the amount of trips he had to take from the house to the car over and over again. When he'd finally carried everything into the house, he found Louis sitting cross-legged on the floor next to the pet carrier with the hatch unlocked.

"Is she still sleeping?" Harry slipped off his shoes and joined Louis on the floor.

"Mhmm." Louis leaned against Harry. "She's so cute."

Harry reached his fingers out and gently scratched the top of Milky's head, heart melting when the puppy made a soft noise. "Look, she's just like you!"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Louis lifted his head off of Harry's shoulder and prepared to defend himself against anything Harry said.

"You're both so adorable when you're asleep, and whenever I play with your hair or kiss your cheek when you're sleeping, you make the same cute little noise that Milky does." Harry scratched Milky again and the puppy made the same noise. "See?"

Louis pouted. "I do not make that noise."

"How would you know? You're asleep when you do it." Harry kissed Louis' pout. "Admit it, Lou, you're the softest human being ever and Milky is the softest puppy ever."

"What does that make you?"

"Hmm... the luckiest person in the world." Harry's answer made Louis blush, and he quickly planted a peck on Harry's cheek before hiding his face in Harry's shoulder. Harry chortled at this and put his arm around Louis. "C'mon, boo, let's go put all of Milky's things away and set some things up for her. She's still asleep, there's no use sitting here."