it's cold tonight

Summary: Harry comes home to a very cold Louis.

Yay this book has reached 2.4k!!! I swear it was 2.2k yesterday, thank you thank you thank you sooo much! 

So recently I've been seeing some posts talking about how easily Louis gets cold (Niall even gave him his jacket because he was concerned for Louis, but Niall had a CHEST INFECTION. Damn my Nouis heart is THRIVING) so I wanted to write a little fluff chappie on Louis being cold. However, it's not going to be very long.

Update: When I started writing this, I was going to make this a fluffy chappie but I accidentally added a lil bit of drama. Oops. Hi.

Please read my other book, 'love me, please?' because I really, really want people to read it. Also I have published one chapter in my new book 'timing is a funny thing', basically Louis and Harry used to date but Harry broke up with him, and then Harry turned into a billionaire CEO and Louis accidentally becomes his personal assistant. Check it out! Anyway, hope you enjoy this chappie! x

  It was November and it was starting to get chilly.

  Harry was unaffected by the cold, so he strolled rather comfortably down the road on the way back home.

  "I'm home!" he called, opening the door and taking off his shoes. The house was uncharacteristically quiet - the television wasn't on, and he couldn't hear any sounds of Louis moving around. 

  "Lou?" He placed his keys and wallet on the counter, looking around the house. Louis usually always came to greet Harry when he came back, and Louis hadn't texted that he was out or anything - so where was he? "You home?"

  He began worrying when there was no reply - Louis was a fragile little thing and literally anything could happen to him. "Louis?"

  He went up the stairs and opened the door to his bedroom, and the sight made him laugh.

  Louis was curled up on their bed, wrapped in mounds of blankets, the thermometer turned up to the highest, and he was still shivering. Harry had forgotten just how easily Louis got cold, and how he'd hide in an incredibly hot room, wrapped in blankets, to try to stay warm during the colder months.

  "Hey, baby." Harry crawled onto the bed and carefully made it to the center of Louis' blanket pile. "You cold?"

  "Y-yeah." Louis shivered, cuddling into Harry's warm chest. "I-it's s-so c-cold." His teeth chattered.

  "It's actually not," Harry informed him, kissing the top of his head. "You get cold way too easily, boo."

  "Yeah, I do," Louis placed his freezing hands on Harry's warm torso, making Harry flinch. "Good thing you're always warm."

  "You're absolutely freezing," Harry said, taking Louis' hands. "How are you still so cold? The room is warm and you're wrapped in blankets."

  "Because I need your love to keep me warm," Louis said, snuggling into Harry. 

  Harry laughed. "Boo, that was so cheesy."

  Louis giggled. "I know. But it's true."

  Harry cooed at this and softly stroked Louis' hair, tucking his chin over Louis' head. "You're adorable, bug."

  "Thanks," Louis mumbled, faint blush coating his cheeks.

  They stayed there like that for a while, enjoying each other's warmth (Harry's warmth only, because Louis was still freezing).

  After a while, Harry checked his watch and realized it was getting late. "You hungry? I haven't cooked dinner yet."

  Louis patted his stomach and said thoughtfully, "Yeah, I guess I am."