seven days of larry - day 4

Summary: in which Louis wants cuddles

day 4 is here! a little angsty but fluffily angsty. also the timing is unrealistic. but whatever. hope you guys enjoy .x

  If you asked Harry to describe Louis, he'd tell you that Louis is cute, soft, adorable, innocent, sweet, and the perfect cuddle buddy.

  It was the most accurate description. Louis was cute and soft and adorable and innocent and sweet, and he was definitely the perfect cuddle buddy.

  Harry and Louis spent a lot of their time cuddling. They were accustomed to cuddling whenever they could. 

  So one day, while Harry was busy working in his home office, Louis wandered in. He'd just come back from lunch with Niall, which had included a lot of giggling and running around, so now Louis was tired. 

  "Hey, Hazzie."

  "Hey," Harry said absent-mindedly, too focused in his work.

  "I'm tired. Can we cuddle?" Louis asked hopefully. Even if Harry was working, Harry would usually agree and then Louis would climb onto Harry's lap and they would cuddle on Harry's big office chair. 

 "Not now. I'm busy," Harry said, continuing to look at his computer screen.

  "Oh," Louis said, disappointed. He shuffled out of Harry's office and went to the couch, turning on the television and curling up.

  In the office, Harry was having a frustrating time. A client was backing out a deal and Harry was trying desperately to gather enough statistics and information to convince the client that their company was reliable.

  The client was bitchy and annoying and honestly Harry just wanted to let the client back out, but he couldn't because the client was rich and the company always prioritized that. 

  His phone rang, and the caller ID showed the client's name. Harry groaned and picked up.

  "Hello, Mr. Grimshaw?" 

  "Ah, Harry. Please, just call me Nick."

  "Um, Nick, sir. May I ask why you're calling?"

  "Harry, my boy, I just wanted to tell you that you're very hardworking, but I think I'll have to pull out of the deal."

  "Wait, Mr. Grimshaw, sir! Please don't pull out, our company is very reliable -"

  "Yes, I believe your company is reliable, but there's another company offering a lower price -"

  "Please, sir, I assure you our company's the best, I -"

  "That's what they all say, isn't it? Sorry, my boy, but I've decided to pull out of the deal. Good luck!"

  "Wait, sir, I -"

  Mr. Grimshaw, the stupid client, hung up, and Harry groaned in frustration. Just his luck. His superiors would get mad at him for not being able to convince Mr. Grimshaw to stay in the deal.

  Just at that moment, Louis padded in again. He'd watched two movies and had come to the conclusion that maybe Harry was ready for cuddling.

  Louis didn't notice the angry expression on Harry's face. "Harry -"

  "Go away," Harry snapped. "I'm not in the mood for your shenanigans."

  Louis wasn't used to Harry snapping at him. "O-okay," he mumbled, slowly backing out of the office. He felt tears well up in his eyes. He hadn't done anything wrong, had he? Or - or maybe he had and Harry was mad at him but Louis just wanted to cuddle with his frog. Was it too much to ask?

  He returned to the living room, curling up on the couch again. Maybe Harry was just upset with work - but, he'd called cuddling 'shenanigans' and Louis was hurt. Louis thought Harry liked cuddling too.

  Louis sniffled. Tears threatened to fall, and Louis couldn't hold them off for long.

  About an hour later, Harry emerged from the office. He'd talked to his superiors and they had, surprisingly, not blamed Harry. Harry was feeling a lot better and had cooled down from the anger he'd felt when Mr. Grimshaw had backed out. They'd even found a new client, who was less bitchy, less annoying, and had offered more money. 

  Harry was ready to order some takeout and spend the night cuddling and watching movies with Louis, like they always did.

  "Loouiissss!" he sang, going downstairs to the living room. 

  To his surprise, Louis was curled up on the couch, sobbing his heart out. Harry rushed down the stairs, sat down on the couch and pulled Louis into his lap. "What's wrong, bug?"

  Louis looked up at Harry reproachfully. Should he tell Harry that Louis was upset because Harry didn't want to cuddle? Well - Harry had been angry when he'd said no and now he looked like his normal, dorky self again, so maybe Louis should. 

  "Y-you don't want to cuddle with me," Louis sniffled. "And you called cuddling 'shenanigans'."

  "Did I?" Harry frowned.

  "Yes you did, you big meanie."

  Harry thought hard, and then suddenly remembered what he'd done. "Ohhhh. That. Well, boo, I was just upset because that Mr. Grimshaw dick -"

  "Don't swear, Hazzie." 

  "Sorry boo. Mr. Grimshaw pulled out of the deal and I was angry so I snapped at you. I didn't mean it, I swear. I loooove cuddling with you, haven't you noticed?" Harry cuddled Louis close. "I mean, we cuddle all the time, Lou."

  "I thought - I thought maybe you only cuddled with me 'cause I liked it and you didn't."

  "Aww, I love cuddling with you, babe. I swear. I didn't mean anything that I said, forgive me?" Harry tilted Louis' chin up so their eyes met. "Pretty please?"

  Louis pouted. "Promise you'll cuddle me?"

  "Aren't we cuddling right now?"

  "Okay, then, I forgive you," Louis said, throwing his arms around Harry's neck, happy that Harry didn't hate cuddling.

  "Good," Harry said, relieved. "So, I was thinking, takeout for dinner and cuddling all night?"

  "Yup," Louis affirmed. He laid his head down on Harry's chest. "Cuddles all night."

okey... i really, really don't like this chapter. yikes. it's a train wreck. hopefully the next one will be better. vote, comment and request!

day 5 comes out tomorrow!

  all the love, 

  the author .x