A car honking gave Thea the push she needed to finish the rest of the walk to the front door. I followed behind her as Thea pushed the door open and walked inside. The precinct wasn't busy on the inside. A few officers were walking around looking relaxed while a white shirt sergeant was sitting behind the front desk working on his computer. I didn't know if Thea had a plan for when we got inside but I was just following her lead.

She looked around the front of the precinct and I did a 360 to check it out. Just as I was about to turn back to her my eyes ran over a memorial. I nudged Thea and she turned and followed my eyes when I nodded. Thea walked over to the wall and looked at all the names lined in neat rows. Her hand shook as she raised it and ran it over the names to stop on the one she was looking for. Preston Ramsey.

"Can I help you ladies with something?" Someone asked behind us and I sighed.

"My dad" Thea said and kept her hand on her father's name. "My uncle" Thea moved her hand to the name underneath, Paul Ramsey. "My dad's best friend, Tony Todd. I can probably name at least another 20 names on this board." Thea said and returned her hand to her father name.

"Can we have a moment please?" I asked after I turned to the sergeant who was standing behind us.

"Take all the time you need, let me know if you need anything." The sergeant said with a nod before he walked back towards his desk.

I slipped my arm through Thea's and rested my head against her shoulder. She intertwined her hand with mine and I looked up at her.

"We got a letter that they were adding his name to wall and asked if we wanted to come. Mom and I skipped it; I didn't want to make the trip down here." Thea said and I squeezed her hand.

We stood in front of the memorial for a while. Thea wouldn't take her eyes off her father's name. When I took a peek behind us I could see a lot of officers were watching us.

"How about we go back to the hotel and relax?" I asked when my feet started to really hurt. When Thea didn't answer I squeezed her hand and said her name. "Thea". Thea shook her head and looked at me.

"Ramsey?" Someone said behind us.

Thea and I turned around and looked for who called her name. Officers, young and old, were still gather around to look at Thea.

"That's me" Thea said as an older man stepped forward.

"Captain David Morta, I'm not sure how long you are here for but I can show you around if you like?" The man said. He isn't wearing a uniform but has a gold badge attached to his belt. Thea looked at me and I gave her a nod before she accepted.

David walked over to us and turned around to see officers still standing around the front waiting room of the precinct.

"What are you guys standing around for? Get to work." He yelled and all of the gathered officers scattered. "I knew your father. He and I worked together for years. Always kept a picture of you and Addie on his desk and in his wallet behind his shield. He said it protected him while on the job." David said as we started to walk through the precinct.

"I'll keep that in mind then when I go back to work." Thea said and looked around at open space of a meeting room.

"You're an officer?" David asked.

"Sergeant actually in Salem Massachusetts." I said and watched as Thea looked around.

"Your show the other night at the Garden was something else Ms. Monroe." David said and gave me a smile.