Chapter 14 - Never Be The Same Again

~ ~ Chapter Fourteen ~ ~

Gripping onto the edge of my seat I reached my hand out against the door window and steadied myself as Baden went flying into his driveway, coming to a skidding stop, half on the cement drive and half on the grass.

I have never seen someone pack something up so fast and jump into a car - though he did wait for me to buckle up first before flying out of the lookout and down the winding bends which had me terrified for my own life as well as Jeff's.

How the hell did he get shot? What on earth was he doing?

Jumping out of the car and running up the path behind Baden to his front door, he practically barged it open as he ran right on through, I shut the door behind me then ran after him into the kitchen where I could already hear a furious Jeff abusing someone loudly with very choice words.

"Oh shut the hell up dude!" Dougy shouted back, "Sit still!" he snapped as Jeff hissed another colourful word at him.

Coming to a halt in the kitchen doorway I froze, there was blood running down the side of Jeff's bare torso, the main source of blood coming out of his side down below his ribs and he looked murderous, if looks could kill - someone would be dead by Jeff's gaze right now. He cringed in pain and clenched his teeth as Baden walked up to him.

"What the hell happened?" he demanded, all the worry I seen in him before completely gone, now that he could see Jeff was alright as much as he can be after getting shot.

"That little backstabber Shorty! That's what bloody happened, I'm going to kill hi- mother fucker!" he cursed angrily as he swung out and clocked Dougy across the head who was sitting on a chair right next to him.

"Right! That's it! Clean your own bloody wound up!" Dougy snapped as he stood up, shoving his chair backwards as it fell onto the ground.

Baden turned to face Dougy, "Just do it already, we all know he is a baby at these things-" He suddenly shouted out with a grunt as the wind was knocked from him, Jeff had just punched him in the guts and was glaring angrily up at him.

Baden straighted up and smirked down at Jeff who was obviously in pain, "I'll get you something hard for that." then he walked over to the cupboards.

I was still standing there frozen in the doorway as my eyes glanced over to Dougy as he sat back down on his chair again, I cringed as Jeff hissed because Dougy had shoved a pair of tweezers into the bloody hole. I was in so much shock, then I snapped out of it.

"You're hurting him!" I cried out with wide eyes, what was he doing?

Both Dougy and Jeff's heads snapped in my direction, Jeff quickly looked away so he wasn't glaring at me, Dougy smiled, "He has bullet fragments in there, I need to get it out sis'." He spoke calmly, like this was an everyday thing.

Groaning, I knew I might regret this but I stormed over to Dougy and snatched the tweezers out of his hand roughly, "Move, I'll do it." I snapped as he looked at me in shock.

Then a smug smile came across his face, "Fine. Bet you can't handle it and chuck your guts up." then he stood up and made a sweeping motion for me to sit down.

I shot him daggers and sat down, looking at the relatively small hole in the side of Jeff's torso that had dark red blood seeping out of it still, it was everywhere and gross but I have always had an unusually strong stomach, I guess I just didn't realised how strong until right now.

Giving Jeff one quick glance and a soft smile, "I promise I won't hurt you as much as Dougy." then I slowly and carefully pushed the tweezers into the blood filled hole and touched around gently, waiting to hit something hard.