Five

Ambrose releases a deep breath, sliding off his bed and smoothing out his close as he makes his way to the door. 

Ambrose opens the door, leaning against the frame. A maid stood at the entryway, head bowed in respect.

"The carriage is here, Your Highness," the maid repeats, curtsying before turning and hurrying down the hallway.

Ambrose sighs, glancing up to find Magnus now standing before him. The man's hands folded before him.

The Fae's hair was now back to its original white color. His fancy garbs were replaced with his servant-wear.

Ah, so that's why she ran away...

The maids seemed to have taken a liking to Magnus over the years. Fawning over his large muscles and perfectly chiseled features.

Although, when Magnus entered a room, the maids would always look the other way or flee from the room altogether. Never confronting him upright about their lust for him.

"Are you feeling alright, Master?"

Ambrose gives Magnus a wide smile, patting him on the shoulder. Or just below the shoulder, as he was too short to reach.

"I feel much better now. Will you accompany me for the ride? I will have them bring you back to the palace after if you prefer not to fly this late at night."

Magnus, knowing he didn't have a choice but to accompany the boy, replies in his usual monotonous voice.

"Yes, Master Ambrose. And I will come back on my own. No need to have Sir Johnathan's coachman to make two round-trips."

"Alright then," Ambrose claps his hands together. "Let me get my coat and boots on. I will only be a minute."

Ambrose steps back into his bedchamber, making Levi-who was still seated on the bed- tilt his head.

"Are you not going?"

"No, I am leaving now. I want to make sure you make it back to the ballroom. Or back in your mate's bed."

Levi blushes, making Ambrose giggle. Levi rolls his eyes, sliding off of the bed.

Levi was a larger man. Muscles and everything. Ambrose wondered what Levi's mate looked like paired with him. Especially since Levi is on the receiving side.

Maybe Ambrose would get the chance to meet Levi's mate. Perhaps he already had, given the information that the man was a part of his pack.

"Just... be safe, alright? I will try my hardest to keep in touch with you after I travel back to my father's kingdom."

"I'd like that," Ambrose sends a genuine smile in Levi's direction. He was so happy. He finally made a friend!

After gathering his overnight pack, he instructs Levi on how to get back to the ballroom.

After parting ways with Levi, Ambrose meets up with Magnus in the hallway. Magnus takes the overnight pack from Ambrose's hands, carrying it for him as they walk towards the palace entrance.

They spot the carriage almost immediately. The coachman sat on his stoop, holding the reins connected to two beautiful Appaloosa horses. One of Johnathan's favorite breed of horses.

The carriage was a golden color, red curtains decorating the windows. Intricate swirling designs decorated the sides of the carriage.

The coachman tips his hat to Ambrose, gesturing to the carriage.

Magnus opens the door, helping Ambrose up into the carriage, settling him in before climbing in himself.

The ride is filled with comfortable silence. The only sounds that could be heard were the slight crunch of snow and the clomping of the horses' hooves on the stone road.