One

It was Ambrose's sixteenth birthday. The day that he was set to find his mate. It was a joyous day that was highly anticipated by most young wolves. But Ambrose could not help but feel apprehensive about his birthday.

He was curious to see who his mate was. He hoped and prayed it would be Johnathan, his lover. He did not know what he would do if Johnathan wasn't his mate.

Ambrose was completely and absolutely in love with Johnathan. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with the handsome man. He would be heartbroken if fate fails to bring them together.

For the special occasion, Ambrose's father was hosting a grand ball in honor of his eldest son. Nobles near and far were traveling to celebrate the young prince's coming of age.

The night before, King Bowyn had Ambrose's closest friends and family over to celebrate. Queen Tabari -Ambrose's mother- was nervous around large crowds of people. He wouldn't be attending the ball so he wanted to spend the night celebrating his son.

Ambrose understood Tabari's fear of being around men. He was told of the horrors his mother went through as a young pup. It made Ambrose's stomach roll and his heart clench.

All that mattered was that his mother was safe now. He had his mate to protect him from any danger.

Ambrose had grown up witnessing his parents' love for each other. His father had a very cold outward disposition towards his kingdom. But when he was with Tabari he was a completely different man.

He doted on his mate and pups, spending time with them any chance he got. Ambrose would see his father steal chaste kisses from his mother. Witness his bright smile and booming laughter.

Ambrose wanted his mating to be like his parents' mating. Full of love and affection. A romance that lasted a lifetime.

Ambrose had a special relationship with his parents. Especially with his father. He gave Ambrose the nickname 'Beastie' when he was only a pup. The king loved his little beastie with all his heart.

King Bowyn and Queen Tabari had four other children. Ambrose's younger siblings. Although he loved all of his pups equally, King Bowyn held a special place in his heart for Ambrose.

Ambrose was a sweet boy.

Around his family.

When he wasn't under the watchful eyes of his parents, he was known to carry quite a spoiled attitude. Especially when he was with his Fae, Magnus.

Ambrose sighs, gazing up at Magnus. The Fae had worn his hair down. The white, bone straight strands almost reaching the floor. White robes were draped over his pale form, the loose cloths hiding his muscled body. His leafy green eyes meet Ambrose's soft hazel ones.

"Make it black," Ambrose demands. "And put braids in it."

"As you wish, Master."

Magnus closes his eyes, his limited magic flowing through his veins. His hair turns a midnight black, strands of hair weaving itself into little braids.

Ambrose liked the man's hair down with the few braids scattered through it. It made him look more like a Fae.

The man's ears shown through his hair, coming to a point. Jewelry that Ambrose had purchased hung from his ears and throat. The small golden earrings and pendant glinted in the candlelight.

Ambrose sighs once again, leaning back on his hands against the bed.

"It will have to do. Better than it was before..."

Magnus bows his head, eyes fluttering shut. He knew exactly what Ambrose wanted him to do. Ambrose always commented that he looked much better when he wore the color green. Ambrose much preferred robes with a deep olive green color on Magnus.