Chapter 71

-MACELLA BROWN
“Take a shower and get dressed we going shopping with Clark”
Yaya says peaking by the door, I look up at her
“I’m not taking no for an answer, you can come back later and be depressed all you want but we are going out today”
She says and then walks out leaving me confused and speechless. I decide to drag my little ass and then head to the bathroom to shower real quick, when I’m done I get out and wear jeans, sliders and a white t-shirt then take my phone and wallet and put them in a small sling bag and fix my hair then head out meeting dad in the passage
“Morning Macella”
He says formally, I smile
“Morning dad, how are you? Is mom done?”
He nods
“She should be out in a bit. How are you?”
He asks as we head downstairs together with his arm around my shoulder
“I’m hurt, really hurt but I’ll be fine”
I respond
“you don’t have to force yourself to be fine. Heartbreak requires you to actually feel it and then work on yourself and get over it”
He says and I smile
“Thank you dad”
I say as we get downstairs, we walk to greet Boobie and then sit with her while we wait for Yaya. After a while she comes down talking on the phone and then drops the call when she gets to us
“ready to go?”
I nod getting up, we say our goodbyes to Boobie and then we walk out with her husband to the car, he stands by the window and they kiss and say goodbye to each other. She plays music on the car as we drive off
“How did you sleep?”
I shrug
“I barely got any sleep. Is it supposed to hurt this much? Am I supposed to miss him even though I hate him this much?”
She chuckles
“Sadly yes, you have every right to feel the way you do. You going to be tempted to answer his calls as time goes by and it's truly up to you if you want to hear whatever he has to say but best believe my son will lie to you and convince you that it was a mistake and that it was never supposed to go on that long and all that crap… but don’t fall for it, tempting as it is but I really suggest you don’t, Yanga needs to prove himself that he deserves to be forgiven and that’s only if you think you can forgive him”
She says and I nod
“Yaya thank you for being this parent to me, thank you for not making me feel like I’m not part of your family”
She takes my hand and kisses it
“you don’t need to thank me”
She says letting go of my hand. We focus on the road while catching up about things that manage to take my mind off of Yanga. We park outside Kyle’s place, we both get off and then walk to the door as he opens for us. We greet each other and then walk inside
“Where’s my daughter in law?”
Yaya asks
“She’s getting dressed, she woke up in some mood”
He explains as we head to the lounge with his arm around my neck
“How are you? Yanga told me”
I shrug as Yaya goes looking for Clark as if she owns the house, Kyle and I laugh thinking about her
“She really gets comfortable huh?”
He chuckles
“At least she doesn’t show up unannounced so we goo. How are you? Stop avoiding the question”
I chuckle as we sit in the lounge
“I’m as good as I can be I guess. I mean what's done is done right?”
He nods
“For what it's worth I gave him hell for what he did”
I scoff
“Yeah thanks but I’d really appreciate you guys staying out of whatever this is”
I say and he nods
“As much as we can try to stay out of it but you and Yanga are our family, like any normal siblings we going to give him grief for what he did because it was wrong of him to do the shit he did after we warned him against it”
.
.
-YANGA BESS
“Yaya and I have been trying to crack our skulls about why you would go on and cheat on Macella after everything that we have been through, after everything Yaya and I have taught you but we just couldn’t come up with a reasonable explanation. Was it the sex? Is it the distance maybe? What is it really?”
Dad asks, I’ve been expecting his call since yesterday and I’m not surprised by his reaction
“I don’t know”
I say dismissively
“I cheated on Yaya because I couldn’t handle the distance, part of me gave up on her and I because nobody ever expects a long distance relationship to work and the difference here is that Yaya was here while I was in South Africa, I didn’t get the privilege to see her every weekend. No I’m not justifying why I cheated but I’m trying to understand you cheating on Macella. I mean it has to be deeper that this right? Maybe your mother dropped you when you were young and it's affecting the part of your brain that processes vital information. I don’t know”
I don’t respond out of respect for him because I honestly feel like he’s being hypocritical right now considering his ex held mom hostage wanting to kill her because of him.
“You know I never involve myself in your relationships with the people you date but Macella is a daughter of this family and you are a son and you guys decided to make a thing knowing very well that it wasn’t right but you still did and now you’ve hurt her forcing Yaya and I to get involved because this thing of you and her is putting us in a position to choose and we not going to do that, we not going to be picking sides here. Mercy is not moving out and neither are you. Should she decide to start dating again, you have no right to act some type of way either than how a brother would”
He scolds
“Yes dad, understood”
I say, he sighs
“How are you?”
He asks in a more calm tone
“I hate myself enough if that’s what you asking”
He chuckles
“I didn’t cheat on you here, you did on Mercy. I’m just trying to be a good father to you too so talk to me”
He says, I exhale walking over to the window
“I really messed up dad, I want her back and she won't take my calls. I don’t know what to do to win her back”
I explain
“If you wanted to win her back then you would do everything in your power to win her back. You know what you need to do Yanga and whatever you choose to do we’ll support you”
He says and for a split second I feel better hearing that from him.
“Yanga you not a child anymore, if you serious about Macella then you need to show it and stop these childish games ok?”
He scolds but I know it's coming from a loving place
“I understand dad”
.
.
To Be Continued