Chapter 41

I woke up the next morning feeling unusually happy and giddy.

My face was pressed against the pillow. I felt an arm around my waist and a chest pressed against my back. I suppressed a smile when the accounts of last night came back up in my mind. My face burned because of the blush on it.

I turned around slowly to look at the man sleeping beside me.

A breathtaking sight caught my eye. Jake was sleeping peacefully. He looked so handsome. His long eyelashes touched his strong cheekbones as they fluttered slightly. His cheekbone still had the small fading bruise on it from the fight if you were close enough to notice it. His plump, pink lips were parted  slightly and I stole a kiss from them.

This gorgeous man was mine, all mine. I loved him and he loved me back. I smiled again. I was so very happy.

I tried getting out of bed but his grip on my waist tightened. I tried again and was able to get free of his hold.

I took Jake's grey hoodie which was lying on the chair and pulled it over my head and down by body.

Then I walked over to the balcony to greet the ocean. As soon as I opened the door to the balcony I shivered slightly. The weather was quite chilly. But the breeze was really refreshing on my face.

I inhaled the fresh air and smiled at the beach. Minutes later warm, strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled my back to a chest.

Jake's nose nuzzled along my ear. "Good morning beautiful." His voice came out deeper than usual, laced with sleep.

I smiled at the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. Only he can make me feel this way.

"Why did you leave the bed so early? I wanted to cuddle." He kissed my neck softly.

I turned around to face him. He was pouting. I laughed at his expression and planted a quick kiss on his lips. He passed me a lazy smile.

"I wanted to make sure that I wasn't dreaming." I replied as I placed my hands on his shirtless chest. His heart was beating fast against my hand.

He noticed the change of my expression and placed his hand on top of mine on his chest. "If this is a dream then we are in this beautiful dreamland together and I don't ever wanna wake up."

I slapped his chest playfully. "You are so cheesy."

His hand slipped inside my shirt and he started making circles on my waist. "Only for you baby." He winked.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

I sobered up and looked up in his eyes. "I love you." His brown eyes lit up at my words.

"And I love you." He grinned and leaned in for a kiss.

________________

After getting ready and showering we went out for a walk along the beach again.

It was amazing as usual. We got brunch and ate by the beach.

After that we practiced for a last time for our performance before we were ready to leave.

We cleaned up the messes that we made and threw out the trash. It was around 2 that we loaded the car and started our journey back to our homes.

The drive back home was great. We talked a lot on the way back telling each other things from our childhoods, things we didn't know about each other yet and it was amazing.

Again, I slept on the way back. Don't blame me, I slept late last night and I was tired.

Someone was combing my hair back from my face lightly and stroking my cheek softly. I opened my eyes slowly to see Jake looking at me with those gorgeous brown eyes of his.

He had a small smile on his face and his face showed adoration.

"Wake up sleepyhead we are here." I yawned and stretched my body upwards to see that we were parked in front of ' the door to heaven' , our favorite ice cream shop.

I frowned. "This is not my house."

Jake chuckled. "I thought that we should celebrate before we return back home."

"Best thought ever." I smiled rubbing my eyes.

We entered the shop and found Lily on the main desk. "You returned early this time." She beamed at us.

We ordered our ice creams and sat at our usual spot. Grace called Jake to tell him to take me home with him because she and mom were out for some stuff for the programme and mom will take me home from there.

"Looks like we got some more time in our hands. Gotta make use of that, shouldn't we?" Jake smirked as he got ready to drive back to his place.

I rolled my eyes at his comment but my cheeks heated up.

We pulled up in front of Jake's house but someone else was already there.

Jake mumbled a few string of curses under his breath

"Oh God no." I muttered as I saw Madison sitting on the steps of Jake's house.

We both got out of Jake's car. Madison's eyes widened as she saw Jake, a smile spreading on her face.

"Hi handsome." Madison smiled at Jake.

"What is it Madison? I don't have time for your jokes." Jake warned.

"There are no jokes when it comes to you. It's always real." She widened her smile, trying to look innocent.

I snorted.

Her eyes snapped to mine. "What are you doing here?" Madison's mouth turned up in disgust.

"I should be asking you this, you are the one sitting in front of my boyfriend's house." I raised an eyebrow at her.

Fury crossed her face.

"He is not your boyfriend. I love him and he is mine." Madison said.

I burst out laughing.

"Babe tell her." I looked at Jake.

He came over to me and took hold of my hand. My smile widened.

Tears started pouring out her eyes suddenly. "No! No. Please no Jake. You can't do this to me." She started screaming loudly.

My eyes furrowed in confusion. What is happening.

______________

Continue in the next part.

Vote and comment.