Chapter 10

Wow! It's finally time!

Freaking sarcasm.

I made my way to the dance institute. I finally have to accept it that Jake will be close to me and that made my heart flutter. Being close to him still affected me in more than one ways. I can't just stop feeling how I felt about him no matter what I try. My body still reacted when he touched me and that made me furious.

I entered the institute. Mom,Grace and Jake were already there. Along with them was Katja. Jake was typing furiously on his phone. He was wearing black joggers and black t shirt.

Katja saw me first as I entered. I was wearing a grey sweatpant and a white sleeveless crop top.

 I was wearing a grey sweatpant and a white sleeveless crop top

            Clarissa's outfit^^^^^^

"Clary!" Katja exclaimed as she ran towards me. Her hair bouncing in it's tight ponytail. She hugged me.

"Hi Katja." I smiled at her. I looked up from the hug and saw Jake staring at me. His beautiful brown eyes staring me up and down then stopping at my eyes,making eye contact. His eyes were slightly clouded,he seemed distracted as he made eye contact  only breaking it again to scan me once again. I raised an eyebrow,he can't behave like this with me. My hands were already in fists.

"Clary,honey." Mom spoke up,looking at my expression with worry. "It's okay." She mouthed. I nodded and took a deep breath to calm myself.

"Let's start." Katja will be performing too but she wanted to perform solo and she is doing so.

"Katja c'mere." I called Katja. She sprinted towards me. She was Soo excited. I smiled at her excitement,I am the same as her.

"You remember what I taught you? On 'perfect' by Ed Sheeran?" I asked her. "The contemporary one?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yes." She nodded her head in excitement. That was one of her favorite dances because it was extremely difficult to do. It had a lot of stretching and pure contemporary and she loved that.

"But to completely remind me can you do it for me once. It's been a long time since I practiced it." She had a sheepish grin on her face. I rolled my eyes at her. " Fine. But look closely okay? I want you to do it after me."  She gave me a thumbs up.

"Bennet!" I yelled at the man child who was probably busy annoying someone.

"What?" He asked as he ran towards me. Kayla gave me a grateful smile. He was annoying her. Poor Kayla.

"Can you please play perfect by Ed Sheeran."  He nodded and just like that the tune to perfect started.

I took my place in front of the mirror while taking a deep breath.

I found a love for me

The music started. With that I started my dance. I was smiling the whole time,so engrossed in my dancing.

We were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was

My moves came out smooth and perfect to the rhythm. Oh my God how much I love dancing!

I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight.

I finished the dance with my final stance. I was breathing heavily because it required a lot of stamina and stretching. Goodness.

I didn't notice that the whole room was silent. Everybody was watching me. I immediately started feeling self conscious and awkward.

"Wow." I heard a gasp. It was Grace. She had tears in her eyes. "That was beautiful."

"Thanks." I mumbled. Mom had a big smile on her face looking so proud.

"Katja you got it?" I asked as everyone got to their work.

Katja was standing beside her brother. Jake was staring at me the whole time,lightly biting his lip. I looked at him. His eyes were clouded with a weird emotion. As soon as he saw that I was watching him he looked away tightly clenching his jaw.

"Yes. I'll start practicing." And with that Katja ran away.

It was just me and Jake now. Cool,really cool.

"Bennet come over here." Bennet was the choreographer of this dance.

"Your fine ass did a good job." Bennet complimented as he came towards us and pulled me into a tight side hug.

"Let me breathe." I huffed and pushed him away. "Now tell us what we have to do."

"You guys are dancing on 'All of me'" He wiggled his eyebrows. "The crowd is gonna go hella crazy." I rolled my eyes.

"So since Jake here doesn't know how to dance. The majority of the moves are gonna be done by you Clary. Jake you just have to hold her close okay?" Bennet explained.

Hold her close.....bahahahaaha....kill me.

"So first of all the performance will start with you holding her waist with her back to you. Get it?"

"Come on Clarissa. Get your ass to work." Bennet clapped his hands in hurry.

We took our positions. I was standing as far away from Jake as possible but Bennet pushed us together. My back was touching his defined stomach,his hands were on my waist where his fingers lightly brushed my skin on my stomach. His breath was on my neck which was making it really hard for me to breathe. I haven't been this close to him since.... since that night.

His breathing was getting uneven. I could feel it. His scent was surrounding me,clouding me with daze. His effect on me was undefinable.

"Yes good. Jake now take her arm and turn her around." Jake did what Bennet asked. We were chest to chest now. So so close. I could literally feel his breath on my lips. His eyes were searching mine waiting for me to react.

"Clary now take your arms around his neck and Jake do this." Bennet positioned Jake's arm like he wanted to and I wrapped my arms around his neck. As soon as I did that goosebumps erupted on Jake's skin. I almost gasped at the reaction and suddenly I wanted to smile at what I did to him.

"Good. Now Clary bend your back with one of your arm still around Jake and do this." Bennet showed me what he meant and I did it.

"Good!" Bennet applauded.

"Okay I think that's it." I said as I pushed away from Jake immediately feeling cold and craving his touch and heat.

This is not good. You shouldn't be thinking this Clarissa. I internally scolded myself. Today was more than I wanted. Enough body contact for 3years.

When I went to get myself a drink of water I felt a presence behind me. It was Jake.

I looked at him then turned around to fetch my water bottle.

"Thank you Ri...Clarissa. For the dance I mean." He said.

I turned to him and stared at him coldly.  "I am doing this for your mother. If it was up to me I would have never chosen to see your face. Ever." I spat and with that I turned around without waiting for a reaction.

________________

How was this chapter?

Did you like it?

If you did...please vote and comment!