Defense

The song matches with the battle I promise (I think it matches) play it while you read it

1035 hours

September 27th

spy school backyard

Ben POV

We had made trench warfare.

To be honest, this was used in World war one, and my friends like to use civil war code names. But since the Rebels had taken a toll on us, we thought we would use another strategy.

After that attack, we got up and prepared to battle. We first dug a trench in the spy school backyard, unaware that the other side was doing the same thing. It was precisely like the trenches in world war one.

The spy school back yard and our backyard didn't have fences or anything to split it into two. It was just one big backyard. So it was perfect for trench warfare.

We all got our foam machine guns and stuff and perched it on the trench. When we saw the Yankees, we opened fire. The Yankees fired back.

This happened a lot of times until we decided that we should charge at them. "Charge!" Dillian said. We all ran towards no man's land.

The Yankees shot at us, but we held back. Some groaned as some foam bullets hit their groin. I got hit in the shoulder and chest a few times, and it hurt so much. Apparently, the Yankees were making their own guns that had power strength. I looked closer at the bullets, which were almost impossible to look. It was white. 

Dang it! they had stolen our idea somehow. They were using improved foam guns.

"Carry the strike division 2 to the left into no man's land!" I yelled as more bullets were fired. The whole ground troops were on the run to no man's land. 
Since barbed wires were in no man's land, we had to walk through the muddy terrain. It felt like we were in world war one.

The Yankees shot at us, tearing us down. I got so many shots that I might have bled. We were now close enough to see the Yankees faces. They were smirking and congratulating each other. I couldn't let them win again.

I looked at Jawa. He didn't notice me, and thought I was a soldier because I was wearing camo and wearing a hat and army suit.  He then got a gun. I looked closer at the gun. It wasn't a gun that we usually use. My eyes went in terror, it was a real gun.

Bam.

Darkness swallowed me.

Jawa POV

I saw a soldier in the distance, homing in on us. I got a foam gun from the gun section and pointed at him. Then I remembered, I was secretly allied with Ben. But one shot at a soldier wasn't that bad. Besides, it wouldn't kill him.

The gun was a little heavy as usual. It was strange. I pointed my foam gun at the soldier. I then took aim in the chest. And fired. It made a huge boom sound. It was strange. Foam guns didn't make a loud sound. 

Gunpowder fell on my knees.

I gasped and looked at the soldier. He was lied on the ground, either dead or alive.

I cursed. And then ran towards him. I took his helmet off, it was Ben.

I gasped even more.

The battle came to a halt. Everybody was looking at me, awkwardly. how could I do this to Ben?

"What is it?" Zoe said, coming over.

She then gasped at the sight of Ben. But she didn't cry. Professor Junkins came from the building with medical supplies. His chest was bleeding uncontrollably. What will happen if I kill him?

The doctors suddenly came, and pulled Ben out, and treated the wound. They got tweezers and tried to take the bullet out.

After they removed the bullet, they made Ben go to the medic. It turns out the wound was a minor wound, as it hadn't punched through the lungs, but sort of hit the ribs, but didn't break them.

I stared in shock as the medic took Ben and hurried him to the center. The professors didn't halt the war though.

Which was why the other team went Berserk.

They shot everything they had. They were full of rage. They all charged at us, tackling me and Zoe, while many of our team fleed for their lives. I ran away too, but was tackled by a guy named Dillian.

"How dare you kill Ben!" He shouted.

"it was an accident!" I said, raising my hands up. Mike saw me, full of anger and hatred.

then I wondered, where did the gun come from?

The Rebels charged at us, we kept on running, and I broke away from Dillian. We abandoned our trench and headed towards the door.....

To face fifty Rebels guarding the door. They shot paintball guns at us. We were cornered.

"Evasive action!" Zoe yelled.

We all ran a short cut through the gates, although most of the Yankees didn't make it. They were beaten up to crap, 

We climbed over the fences and then headed towards the main building.

We didn't know there were traps there.

which there was.

When Zoe stepped on the ground, a paintball mine exploded, and she went flying out of the gates, where the rebels tried to climb out.

This was bad.

That's when Erica came.

She was wearing her black outfit as usual. She was dragging something. it was a catapult. someone was dragging it with her. Although I didn't know who the mystery person was, there was no intention to figure that out right now.

the catapult was like the ones where you used in the medieval times. It had a huge paintball for amo.

"FIRE!" Erica said. The paintball fired, splatting the rebels with red coating.

They were knocked down, while I helped Zoe and the others get in the fence, Erica threw smoke bombs and the enemy, and we scurried away.

This was the Rebels victory though, we had barely escaped. I felt so bad for Ben, maybe it was time for me to be a double agent and send information.

I had to focus on more important, things though.

The war was going to be more unexpected than I thought.