The Program

NOTE: even though there won't be a lot of Berica, there will be some around the end of things

1300 hours

Academy of espionage

September 24th

Ben POV

we had just came back from spy camp when we heard about the Flamethrower program. 

It was the afternoon of September 24th. Our buses were heading back to spy school. I was sitting with Mike, while Zoe was sitting with Erica. Erica was the crush of my life.

The academy of espionage, which was spy school, was having a construction for the first time since it was built. It seemed to be making a whole new school next to the building. We had told the teachers what it was, but it was classified. Soon someone figured it out, and rumors started to spread everywhere.

"Hey," Mike said in excitement," I heard a rumor that there's going to be a program to make us learn to be spys quicker." This was the third time he said this, but I didn't want to make him mad.

"But aren't we learning to be spys already?" I said, unaware. Mike laughed. "Do you think any of us is learning? Well yeah, they are, but not fast enough."

It felt like a whole new version of spy school was in the way. 

We soon arrived at the academy of espionage. And then headed towards a gym. The principal, or the idiot, as many people call, was on the stage.

"Ahem, students today we have some news" Everybody looked his way. "So, today um we will announce a new program called the flamethrower program. It is more of a building, and is being made. Half of the school will be moving to that group tomorrow. We will choose who it is."

Everybody looked at each other. They had already figured what was happening. The idiot took a piece of paper that was about ten pages long and started to blab the names for those who are going to the new program school.

"Adam fillings, George Mijin, Cabe Nitel, Dashiel Dawn, blah blah blah" At one point, I heard Mike. He let a whoop of joy.

The idiot blabbed some more names until another name hit me. "Benjamin Ripley" I was excited and shocked. Mike gave me a fist bump, and we had a good time.

"Nason Wilks, Flapper Genome wait, whos she?" A girl raised her hand.  Huh, I thought. Soon, Chip got chosen. So it was Chip, me, Mike, and other people.

"You may be dismissed."

I looked at Erica. I thought she would be sad. But she wasn't. She was a bit suspicious. We headed towards our dorms. 

Since the new school was next to my dorm, I could hear the drillings in the next room, and it was almost impossible to sleep. Mike was excited. "I can't wait till Im a master at being a spy," He said.

"You think," Someone else said. We turned around to see Zoe. She was one of my best friends, and was loyal to me, although she liked Mike better.

"That program is a complete scam," Zoe replied. "Are you sure?" Mike said, sort of skeptical. "How could the program even teach you better skills if it has the same teachers? If it were one of those rude muscular men who are the teachers, then it would be like torture prison."

She took a sit of water from the water fountain, which was ancient. She spewed it back out into the carpet floor.

"I should have noticed; This water tastes like sewage."

"Im gonna study for my weaponry test tomorrow," I said. I was in my fourth year at spy school, and more homework was done.

"I'll help you," Mike said. "Sure," I replied. "I'll help too," Zoe said.  "I have the same test as yours anyway; we can test each other"

I grinned at Zoe. "Where should we study?" "I don't know, maybe at the school library?" Mike suggested. So we headed there.

I took out my textbook: Jutters guide to weaponry. Pretty lame name. I started to flip open the manual and studied. Mike took out his textbook: Jones guide to self-defense Zoe and me both shared the book.

We soon tested each other, and I did pretty good. I then went to my dorm and fell asleep for a while. I soon woke up, and took a shower, then went to the mess hall to eat dinner. 

"Did you clear your locker for the new program?" Mike said. "Oh my gosh, I forgot, I'll do it after dinner."

We soon packed our things, and I decided to study more on my test. I was so excited about the new program, and so I decided to talk to Erica about it. I headed towards her room and knocked on the door.

She yanked the door open, turned around to see if anybody was watching, then pulled me in.

"What do you want?" She said. She was usually cold, with piercing blue eyes and black raven hair. She was beautiful. Since I wasn't dead in her last mission, she was back to her usual self.

"Do you like the new program?" I said. "I don't know. I have my suspicions on it."

"Erica, why do you always have suspicions on everything?" I whined. "Shut up," she said. That sort of shocked me. Did she just say that?

"Ok, then uh, so what suspicions do they have on?" I said calmly, not wanting to make Erica mad again.

"I think the buildings are made by SPYDER," She said. "How do you know that?" "Im a spy, it's my job to know things. She then checked her watch. "Gotta go, see you" She then slammed the door behind me as loud.

I was jolted.

 I headed towards my room, it was now 1700 hours, better get some sleep, but I needed to pack first, so I got my stuff and put it into a briefcase.

Soon, I was finally about to sleep. I turned off my lamp. I could hear the drilling noises next door. I started to groan. 

I put my pillow over my ears, and thought about the new program school.