Chapter 19: Rescue Mission

We ran back to the lake just in time to see a large boat speeding towards shore pulling a huge net. 

"Oh no, they've captured the red Gyarados!" Ash yelled. 

"It looks unconscious." Misty frowned. 

"Hey, isn't that Jessie, James, and Meowth?" Brock pointed to the net. Inside were three small figures in scuba gear, scrambling to stay afloat and not swim into the Gyarados's open mouth. 

"It looks like the live story of Jonah and the Wailord." Daniel grinned. 

"Daniel, focus," I urged. 

"Are they always that clueless, or are they just having an off day?" Daniel asked Brock. 

"Hm, I don't know. I'd say it's actually better than normal considering that Gyarados hasn't eaten them," Brock answered, "at least yet." 

"They're not getting away with this." Ash took out a Poke Ball. "Totodile, go and help that Gyarados, fast!" 

Totodile, who seemed healthy again, jumped into the lake and disappeared.  

"I never really liked that big Gyarados, but it needs help." Misty held out a Poke Ball. "Poliwhirl, go with Totodile." 

"Crikey, you go and help too!" Daniel's Feraligatr jumped into the lake. 

"You too, Conch!" Carracosta did a cannonball into the water. 

"Shell, you're up!" Amanda's Blastoise joined them. 

"Manny, please socialize for once and team up with them!" I threw my Swampert's Poke Ball. He hesitantly swam after the group of Pokemon, swallowing his shyness. 

We watched as they swam up to the net and grabbed on. Totodile bit Jessie's hair, and we saw her squirm. 

"Aren't Totodile the best?" Daniel sighed, seeming dazed. 

I stared at him. "Cyndaquil are way better." 

"Will you two stop it?" Amanda rolled her eyes. "Now's not the time." 

Suddenly, all of our Pokemon let go off the net and appeared to be floating in the water. Pikachu and Togepi immediately looked pale and tired. 

"Hey, what's going on?" Ash yelled. 

"It looks like the Pokemon are sick again," Misty exclaimed.  

"Well, whatever is making our Pokemon weak isn't natural." I gritted my teeth. 

"You better call them back into their Poke Balls, guys," Brock suggested. We all took out our Poke Balls and recalled them. "This is just like before." 

"It must be the experiment they're doing," Anthony confirmed. 

"Ah!" we all yelled as whirring coils hurled themselves at us, spinning like frisbees and wrapping around our waists, forcing our arms to lock at our sides.  

Laughter came from the lake. The same muscular man, who Lance said was called Tyson, was standing on a life boat. "Well, I'll say you kids sure are persistent, but you know too much about our business for my taste. Now you'll be our permanent guests!" 

With that, Team Rocket grunts dragged us away towards their secret facility. 

Daniel and Ash kicked and struggled while Anthony just said, "I told you, Daniel! I told you this would happen!" 

"Shut up!" Daniel snapped back as he tried to fight off the grunts that were holding him who didn't seem like the gentle type. 

I was angrier than a Charmeleon using Rage. Amanda looked like she was on the verge of tears. Brock and Misty said nothing, but walked in the middle of a dozen grunts, looking for a way out of this mess. I looked behind me to see Jessie and James, smiling hugely on the dock as we neared the facilities.